Dragon Blood in 15 days!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually started a thread about juicers and hope to get one soon for my rhubarb wine

Made my first batch tasted great had more of a acidic taste then i thought it would

You might want to reduce the realemon some, but age seems to knock the edge off of it, at least for my taste buds. But then they may be getting numb. :d

Thanks a lot folks. I have been putting off making some of this for a while now and I just can't resist anymore. I don't have enough carboys to make all this stuff!!!!:dg

Thanks a lot folks. I have been putting off making some of this for a while now and I just can't resist anymore. I don't have enough carboys to make all this stuff!!!!:dg

I'm in the same boat, I haven't bottled and all mine are full except one. Just seems like you always just need one more carboy. :h

I keep telling myself "after I open up 2 or 3 more carboys I'll have all the recipes I wanna try done!"...... About 10 carboys refilled later, still saying it. Lol

I'm desperately trying NOT to buy more carboys at that limitation keeps me in check...lol. Otherwise I'd probably have 100 batches going at the same time.

I CAN QUIT ANYTIME...I just don't want to!! :r

Is EC-1118 a slow starter?

I whipped up a batch of Dragon Blood Wednesday night and pitched a packet yeast yesterday about 11 AM. So far no action.
I want to see this blood boil.
I want to see life in this brew.

Am I just being impatient with this yeast? Temp in the dungeon is approx. 68 degrees.

Is EC-1118 a slow starter?

I whipped up a batch of Dragon Blood Wednesday night and pitched a packet yeast yesterday about 11 AM. So far no action.
I want to see this blood boil.
I want to see life in this brew.

Am I just being impatient with this yeast? Temp in the dungeon is approx. 68 degrees.
EC-1118 likes warmer temperatures. Put it in a warmer location or slap a brew belt on it.

speaking of yeast.................I didn't have any EC-1118.

Grabbed some fermenting blueberry juice out of one other fermenters and made a yeast starter with that along with Red Star Montrachet.

Has anybody done this 'Pee with Montrachet with good results??

photo20.jpg

so delicious. no back sweetening necessary. i'm going to start another batch today, although this time, i plan to do a secondary ferment in the individual bottles so that when it's done, i can enjoy a cold, carbonated, hard lemonade, yum! has anyone made sparkling skeeter pee yet?

Tasted my batch today a week after back sweetening. All I can say is O.......M........G!!!!!!!! There will be many drunken nights in my future!!!!! This stuff is wonderful!!!!!! I'm letting it bulk age while I'm waiting on more bottles.

My wife tasted it today and likes it!!! I'm going to have to hide it from her I think! Lol

Lol!!! I know what you mean! She likes her wine! She can't cut my budget though. It comes out of my mowing money. She has no control over that.

tatud4life said:
Lol!!! I know what you mean! She likes her wine! She can't cut my budget though. It comes out of my mowing money. She has no control over that.

Try getting a little extra $$ for it. " Honey if you are going to keep going through this stuff so fast, I will need a few extra carboys and some cases of empties. How about pitching in a little?"

Bam! Problem solved.

Back