Cheap Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a La Finca Malbec from Trader Joe's last night. I was impressed. It was a nice little wine, nothing overpowering, nothing to stop you in your tracks, just a nice Argentinean wine. At $4.99 I would certainly do it again.

I hhad a bottle of Lucky Duck Chardonnay and I liked it. I taste tested against Winking owl which I really like and LD was very close.

Charlie Shaw did something I'm not happy about. Their Chardonnay has changed drastically and not for the good. For years my wife and I have loved this cheap but very good, dry Chard. Picked one up the other day and noticed there was no year on the bottle. I don't ever remember having a bottle of 2buck chard w/o the vintage on the label. It's not that it was a bad bottle of wine. It certainly was not Chardonnay. It was sweet and lacked the flavor of the past wines. It seemed to me like they took a hodge podge of left over grapes and tossed them all together and bottled it for sale. I'll never again buy a bottle of wine w/o a vintage. I don't care how cheap it is.

No year means its NV or non vintage so it can have new stuff, old stuff and everything in between. If you like a good Chardonnay on the cheap see if you can find any of the Columbia Crest "Two Vines" series of wines. They can usually be had on sale for ~$4.99 and at some stores if you buy 6 you get an additional 10% off.

Two Vines has become my go to top off wine. Its good enough to drink on its own and cheap enough to use to top off with.

alabel.jpg

Back