The great white wine competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have received the medals and will be sending them out (along with the original score cards) in the next week or so.

If you have not already done so and if you have sent in an entry, please PM me with your mailing address.

Thanks once again for helping to make this year's competition such a great success.

Ooh! I recognize my label in the picture. Made me smile on a very dank, dark, foggy and wet afternoon.

I really need to get on the label making boat! Seriously your label is beautiful and I use Avery 5161 (name - date - ABV). WompWomp!

Thank you! It's not hard - labels, template, laser printer and a little imagination. I crank out 32 at a clip and apply them by hand, eyeballing it on the bottle till it's straight. Sometimes... well, it's not.

There, it happened.

Thanks again to all the judges who took so much time to drink our wine and let us know how we can make it better. Thanks again to @JohnT for packaging and hoofing it over to the post office to mail the medals and score/comment sheets!

12-6-16_3-wines.jpg

Can anyone please explain the point system between the different medals ?

I understand the UC Davis 20 point system - I just don't understand how the metals were distributed by the average point system.

Thanks for everyone that made this happen !!

It is people like yourself, that make me proud to be a part of the winemakingtalk community -

Thanks again !!

Last edited:
Thank you - This is what I was looking for exactly !

I thought I went thru and looked thru the posts prior to posting - but thanks for letting me know !

I found the rules in post #39.

3) UC Davis scoring method will be used. The following link is the scoring sheet that will be used.

http://www.musingsonthevine.com/MusingsUCDavisForm.pdf

4) Medals will be awarded and mailed out to the entrants based on the following point scale.

18-20 Gold
15-17 Silver
12-14 Bronze

No problemo. I thought I had remembered reading them towards the beginning. I'm very new and didn't have anything to send, but was curious about the process.

Back