Humorous Sixth Sense

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

termini

Reaction score
Is there something going on here that I don't know about?

Seems that our three cats (me wifey's) and our two puppys get into everything in the house, tip stuff over, play in the planted pots, etc.
But when it comes to venturing near "Winemaking central" or our " winemaking room"----O.K. so it's our spare bathroom or sometimes a hostile takeover of the laundry room by me( which I pay for by doing laundry)---hey--don't snicker--I've seen most of your photo posts! ( check out what is in the background!)showing off your full carboys, or updates of wines in progress, so we are all in the same boat there!
--- so anyways---these animals won't even venture close to that area of the house. Even though I suppose that there is a scientific reason for this( probrably the smell of the fermenting must) I will choose to believe that it is a sixth sense they have that keeps them away, and will now put this reasoning into my arsenal for future use---I now have a reasonable argument that I should now go out and buy more equipment and wine kits so that I can leave wines in progress all over the house, or ANY place that I don't want the beasties to go!
This sure beats putting mouse traps everywhere to "teach " the cats a thing or two...........I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....

Now THAT is some clever thinking!!! Will your wife fall for it?

smiley4.gif

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK!............I will refer you to an AM radio program that I try to listen to when I can in Minnesota: AM 1500 Joe Soucharay and " Garage Logic"
Garage Logic deals with a 'common sense' theme and humor.
So Joe, the Mayor of Garage Logic, came up with many rulings over the years as an answer to caller's feedback and questions.
One ruling that I will be able to use is the"24 HOUR RULE" which states that anything that you buy that does not get noticed within 24 hours is a give-me." oh, that,--well that's been here for a while, I'm suprised that you never noticed it before"---this ruling goes both ways, ( so both spouses have to stay on they're toes)and cannot be used onbig ticket new items. And cannot be purposely hidden or covered up.Only used stuff, like a motorbike.( the most you could do in that case would be to lean a broom up against it.)
A rule very beneficial to the kids of the house is the" HORIZONTAL SAVINGS AND LOAN RULE" which means any pocket change taking out of the pockets and placed on any flat surface is fair game.
And don't forget the "THREE PRICES THAT YOU PAY RULE"
1 the price you paid for it
2 the price you TOLD your spouse that you paid
3 and the price that you WILL pay when they find out the real price

This would be a good rule for when you are all thinking of buying a bunch of additional wine kits:The "IMPLIED PERMISSION RULE"
Lets say you are both driving around( and you really would like to get a boat--substitute wine kit--) all you have to do is drive by a lake and say" those people sure look like they are having a blast", and if your spouse aknowlages in any way that those people out there are having fun(" yep, or they sure do")----well there you go--your in----IMPLIED PERMISSION.
So next time you are all tasting wine and anyone makes a comment about how good one is, and your spouse says" yeah, thisIS good tasting"--just keep adding onto that order form. And when it comes in, don't forget to let it sit unnoticed for 24 hrs. and the price you paid for it.
Just passing on Garage Logic Wisdom..................

Well, well, well,a fello logician. I have used this rule many times, but I'm pretty sure it'sthe 48 hour rule, not the 24 hour rule. You can call Joe on it, but I'm fairly certain this is the case. You need to be careful about how you go about this though as your wife may get sick of your winemaking and then FFLF would kick in.
smiley36.gif

Edit:

In case people start wondering what F.F.L.F is, it stands for "Female Fun Limitation Factor". Edited by: whino-wino

whino-wino said:
In case people start wondering what F.F.L.F is, it stands for "Female Fun Limitation Factor".

Not to be confused with the MFLF, MEN!!!!!!

smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif

smiley4.gif

smiley17.gif

Joan said:
whino-wino said:
In case people start wondering what F.F.L.F is, it stands for "Female Fun Limitation Factor".

Not to be confused with the MFLF, MEN!!!!!!

smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley17.gif

smiley4.gif

smiley17.gif

Actually, there is no MFLF, but there is MRLF (the Male Romantic Limitation Factor)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The reason MFLF does not exist is simple. Consider the things that Women, in general, consider fun (i.e. shopping, nature walks, etc). Men do not enjoy doing these types of things and if you see a man tagging along with his wife or girlfriend on such and excursion it is not by choice. Sure the female would have more fun if the man was not with, but he is with because he feels obligated to go, not because he wants to. On the flip side, consider the things men consider fun (i.e. fishing, golfing, bowling, etc). Women typically are not as enthusiastic about these activities as men, but from time to time the wife or girlfriend will insist on tagging along. This is where FFLF kicks in. Note that the key word in the acronym is “Limitation” not “Elimination”. Men will still have fun golfing with their wife, but not as much as with their work buddies.

Now MRLF is fairly easy to describe. It is the inate ability of males to ruin what was about to be a very romantic moment (i.e. by farting at the wrong time). Women are incapable of limiting romance so just like there is no MFLF, there is no FRLF.

Whew! just finished bottling 33 bottles of the WE Limited Ed. Australian Reisling.
Whino Wino, hello right back at you fellow Logician! " Good Luck"
smiley20.gif

Just so Joan doesn't feel that Garage Logic"s mannerisms are tailored toward men, Remember Red Green's Quote that, most major men caused catastrofies begin with the three words:" HONEY, WATCH THIS....."
Usually most of my gadgets or are ideas are met with " The Look"
smiley6.gif
followed by that rolling of the eyes, and slight shaking of the head.( like when I showed her my method of loading my canoe and duck boat up with all my decoys, and then hoistedthem side by sideto the ceiling with my 'pulley system')
Which I imediately respond with my arms outstretched with the words" AND I'M ALL YOURS......"
smiley31.gif

Latest posts

Back