My latest label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
Let's see if this posts!

Diamond.jpg

It's a white and was grown in the Finger Lakes of NY. Last year a local winery (Goose Watch) sent a $10.99 bottle of Diamond to a huge international competition in California and it won Best White beating out all the others (over 1000)!

Very cool Joan! Speaking of diamonds... a guy down here in Arkansas found a 2.37 carat diamond the other day at the diamond mine. (the only place in the world with a public diamond mine.) Apparently 486 were found by the public last year. The 2.37 caratfind was the fourth largest for the year. The largest was like 6.5 or something.

The Diamond is bottled in clear bottles and the first label looks horrible! The golden color of the wine and Tiffany blue are NOT a good combination! The label looks fine flat but not curved around a bottle. So I reworked it. Yes, Waldo, pictures will follow when I get them printed, run thru my label machine, and on the bottles.

Diamond2copy.jpg

Ok, I changed my mind again after I bottled as the colors were all wrong. Here's the final and a bunch of bottles all dressed up.

Diamond3.jpg

Diamondbottled.jpg

Hello Joan, do you have software to design your labels? I use Print Shop Deluxe on mine, and I need to get some other color label paper as mine is just white. Do you have any suggestions on colored lables?

Thanks Dave

Dave, I've always used Photoshop and I print on regular white computer paper. I don't worry about different color paper. I just use the color I want when I make the background layer. The labels go on with a glue stick run down the sides of the label. The really good part is that they come off easily when you run the bottle under warm water. =)

George sells some different color label paper that is gummed for easy application and removal. Has anyone here tried using that paper? I'm wondering how well it works w/ the printer, etc.

Joan, do you spray your paper to set the ink? I think you mentioned that once, but I can't remember if it was you.

She uses the label maker that she got off a website called Joanne. I believe they are pre-laminated and peel and stick.

Back