Which bottle filler is best?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flem

Reaction score
I have the Buon Vino Automatic Gravity bottle filler. After only a few batches, it started falling apart on me. A small bearing fell off/out of it and it never did shut off automatically.
Anyway, I'm thinking of upgrading to either of these two:
Enolmatic Electric Bottle Filler or Buon Vino Table Top Fill Jet.
What are your thoughts??

How about the All In One in our banner above? I know the Enol is a great tool but some serioius money also.

ENOLMATIC ALL THE WAY! but that is only because of the two choices you gave us. Honestly, Mike if I didn't have the Enolmatic and was looking now I would look at the "All In One". So far all of the reviews have been outstanding. The best price you can get the Enolmatic for is $375.00 and the filter housing is another $150.00. The filters are about $50.00 each.

With that said I love the fact I can bottle and filter in one step or just filter from carboy to carboy. I take care of my filters and the two I have are over a year old.

Before this I also had the buon vino gravity filler and loved it. My guess is you are sanitizing it meta after cleaning it. Meta is very corrosive and you can't do that. I would just clean mine and put it away. I would only sanitize just before using it. Anoither member also had the same problem with the bearing coming out and gave me some just in case. If you were near by I'd give you what you needed.

Dont forget you can do everything with the All in One that you can with an Enol for a much lesser price PLUS you can also degas your wine!!!

Yeah, I do have the pump I got from you. That's why I wouldn't think I should get the All-In-One.

Last edited:
I bottle with vacuum pump and double-drilled stopper,one to vacuum and one to wine, works very well, fast and inexpensive.

Rob, TRy putting a stop of some kind upstream from your pump. Then upstream of that you can mount a guage. You should still have your big vacuum at the pump, but you can squeeze it down in the line. I did mine with an old air conditioning guage manifold. Bought a vacuum guage that went in place of the freon guage and am in business. Course I had everything but the vacuum guage, think if I remember right it was about $22. Arne.

I just use a bottling bucket with a valve on it, and a plain bottling wand to gravity fill my bottles. What is the advantage of using a vacuum or other type bottle filler? Is it just faster than using a gravity-fed bottling wand, or are there other advantages?

I just use a bottling bucket with a valve on it, and a plain bottling wand to gravity fill my bottles. What is the advantage of using a vacuum or other type bottle filler? Is it just faster than using a gravity-fed bottling wand, or are there other advantages?

One HUGE advantage is that you don't have to lift up the bucket to be above the bottles that you are filling. If you already have a vacuum pump you can build a filler for under a hundred bucks by buying the enolmatic head and building the rest of the unit. You can make it out of metal like roblloyd's or wood like mine. Either way you'll have something that will last for a long time, and that you can be proud of cause you made it yourself.

Much faster!! I can be corking the previous bottle while that 1 is filling and dont need to be sitting their watching it as it shuts off when the bottle is full. You also dont have to deal with the high punts in a bottle when using this method.

Latest posts

Back