Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@hounddawg show us a pic of the offset smoker. Think I know what you are talking about, but not sure. Thanks, Arne. Oh, and good eating and drinkin. Tomorrow or later is plenty soon for the pic. I'm going to get a cataract removed in the morning, won't be on for a while. At least til tomorrow afternoon, never been thru this before, don't know how long it takes to get back in the groove again. Most folks say not long.
I had 2 removed last year. It's literally a 5 minute procedure. More time in the prep and recovery. Vision is blurred for a few days, but usually winds up 20/20 within a couple weeks.

i loaded my off set stick smoker today with white oak, hickory and pecan, pulled out of my freezer, 2 racks of pork spare ribs, farm fresh, ready to light tomorrow, when i get up, got a couple bottles out of 50/50 blackberry-elderberry wine,

Jeez, that sounds good! :HB

Just one example of issues with a pellet grill......

View attachment 70066
now everybody knowns i do y country wines as old style as possible, so you can be sure my smoker is along the same train of thought, man you gotta be loaded with money to own your own space ship; ,, so i take it you keep your smoker in that space craft,,,,, 💫
Dawg

@hounddawg show us a pic of the offset smoker. Think I know what you are talking about, but not sure. Thanks, Arne. Oh, and good eating and drinkin. Tomorrow or later is plenty soon for the pic. I'm going to get a cataract removed in the morning, won't be on for a while. At least til tomorrow afternoon, never been thru this before, don't know how long it takes to get back in the groove again. Most folks say not long.
pic's sent
Dawg

@hounddawg I have a smoker grill, never actually used it for smoking. It is a commercial one, designed along the same lines as yours. The smoke box is not nearly as big. You made yours, found mine in the trash pile. Couple of hours work and it was like new. Was looking for the trolley off a propane grill and a friend of mine told me about this. Never did get the trolley, was going to make a fishcleaning table. Grill sure is nice, tho. Usually just use the smoker part to grill on as it is small and the bigger side if we have a bunch of folks over. Maybe this summer have to try smoking with it. It is at the lake so can't use it now but it should work fine in colder weather. Hope you had great luck with your smoking. Arne.

@hounddawg I have a smoker grill, never actually used it for smoking. It is a commercial one, designed along the same lines as yours, . The smoke box is not nearly as big. Youw n reheat tomorro made yours, found mine in the trash pile. Couple of hours work and it was like new. Was looking for the trolley off a propane grill and a friend of mine told me about this. Never did get the trolley, was going to make a fishcleaning table. Grill sure is nice, tho. Usually just use the smoker part to grill on as it is small and the bigger side if we have a bunch of folks over. Maybe this summer have to try smoking with it. It is at the lake so can't use it now but it should work fine in colder weather. Hope you had great luck with your smoking. Arne.
oh yes, and got another rack i can reheat tomorrow, same goes for the smoked baked beans, when i smoke ribs,(pork) it takes 2 hours for falling off the bone, temp 250 F,, brisket (beef) 200 to 220 F for depending on how big it is 8 to 13 hours, once you get used to it you can dial in the heat, airflow and it will care for it's self, your biggest variable is wind, , other then that one i get it set , i look at the time , and go do other things, no electric to worry about, low and slow, the only way to go. in the house on the stove i take 2 days to cook brown beans, same for chili, 2 days as well, both my dry rub and wet sauce are from scratch, when i make my wet sauce and dry rub, i make at least a years worth at a time, of course being disabled, i have the time for smoking, driving my mules, I'd kill to be able to work again, but, I've leant to stay busy, I'm already adding to my garden seeds, i use only non-GMO seeds, that are heritage seeds, also called sustainable seeds, most garden seed you buy if you save the seeds from them the seeds wont grow, all that genetic splicing junk.
Skoal
Dawg

Back