First Experience with Allinonewinepump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98indypacer

Junior
Reaction score
I just received my Allinonewinepump this week. The unit looks very nice and was very well packaged. The separator bottle holder was too small for the bottles i had on hand but I managed to wedge what I had it in the holder enough so it was stable. I used it last night to rack 2 carboys and transfer 2 batches from primaries to carboys. Wow this thing is fantastic! It was so fast and quiet! Can't wait to use it again. I need to figure out how to use it to bottle. Also not sure how to clean the hose with the vacuum break valve. If you are on the fence about this tool don't hesitate you will be amazed how great this works.

Regards, Ed

Hi Ed
The bottle for the resvouir should be a clear dimpled bottle, seem to work the best.
The vacuum tube assembly should only be rinsed with water (do not use sulfites - as it will destroy metal ) and dried - or just a drop of mineral oil in the outlet of the valve to keep everything lubricated well.

As for bottling - it really is simple - keep the carboy below the bottling height and fill the bottles a little higher than where you have the adjuster to and hit the release valve - (see pictorial that came with the pump)

If anyone has any questions or concerns please email me or PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I am able

Quick question. Does the pump work with Better Bottle carboys? Nearly all my carboys (except one) are Better Bottles and I'm afraid they would collapse under vacuum pressure.

You can rack out of a Better Bottle, because the vacuum is on the receiving carboy

The Better Bottle would be letting in air while the liquid pumped into the receiving carboy, which is having the air vacuumed out to pull in the liquid - so you wouldnt be able to rack into a Better Bottle without the sides flexing inward

So you can rack out of one, but not into one

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll have to wait until I increase the number of glass carboys I have. At $50 a pop they're not cheap.

$50? Ouch!

They're $27-$35 for 3-6.5 gallon glass ones here

Latest posts

Back