Wine Tasting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
After meeting PlymouthPete and exchanging 4 bottles I have sat down and opened a bottle (Actually last night but did not post until today) of a W.E. Cream Sherry that he and his wife, yup thats right everyone, He's not allowed to do any winemaking unless she is there to help him or vice versa. Now thats a relationship! But back to the subject, as you can see on the label and a beautiful 1 it is, it is a 2006 Cream Sherry and it is good! It was very smooth and liqueur like with a nice finish of oak to it. It just hangs on the sides of the glass when swirled and goes down easy. I have just added this kit to my wish list.
20070827_155614_Sherry.jpg

Another night, another bottle. This time we have Petes W.E. Washington
Columbia Valley Riesling which is a 16 liter kit and was pretty sweet
for a rating of 1. It does a nice floral aroma but did not find the
Peach or Apricot tones. It has great acidity to it and just upon
posting this noticed that it is a 2007 vintage and probably should have
left this in the bottle for awhile longer. This is already a great wine
and will only get better with more aging on it if I didnt already drink
1/2 the bottle by the time I wrote this and posted it.
20070827_162909_Picture.jpg

Notice the winery glasses I have in each picture, they will vary quite a bit!

looks good Wade and nice job Pete!

Jonathan Edwards makes someawesome wines but many are very pricey for us simple country folks! I would like to try the 2005 Estate Connecticut Cabernet Franc...maybe I will stop by after work one night and have me a little tasting!

Cal before you stop by as they were out of quite a few wines at our visit earlier this year which disappointed me!
4_14_2.gif

When I lived in CT my wife and I used to frequent JE Winery, they held several events every year. It is a great place to kick back, relax, drink a glass a wine of wine (or several bottles) and enjoy the view.

Their 2005 Chardonnay was excellent.
They were also my bottle supplier...

I received 5 cases of bottles from Pete and those were from Haight Vineyard.

Our tasting party at Valley Brew is the same weekend as the Fall Festival at Jonathan Edwards Winery but in addition to some fine wines will have great beer, plenty of awesome food and best of all raising money for a very worthwhile cause!!

I see no reason why I wont be able to make it at this point in time and sounds like a lot of fun.

Did he make the cream sherry out of the Wine Expert Port kit? I still have one of those sitting here I really need to start. I saw in the instructions you could make a cream sherry out of it. Sounds interesting.

Yes it was smurf and it was very good at a year old. I will make 2 kits myself as I only make 6 gallons at a time since I dont want any small carboys. If Im gonna spend a little money, I might as well just spend a little more!
4_7_9.gif
Wait a minute, Im already home, DOOOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back