Other Fontana Complete Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Sorry I have been away from the forum for a bit. I have been in the process of getting out of the Navy and relocating to Florida...

Has anyone heard of or used a Fontana kit before?

Steve

Palm Beach Gardens, Fl

Fontana is produced and distributed by ABCcork, [url]http://www.abccork.com/NET/search_results.aspx?search=search _bycategory&code=619[/url]

D'Vine wine franchises started out using Fontana wine kits, but several of them have successfully switched to Winexpert. They have some different kits, but their quality and consistency is not at the same level as Winexpert. As I continually try to point out, I have no desire to be the biggest, just the best. As a result, I carry the best wine kits around, Winexpert.

When you try the others, you will understand.
smiley2.gif

Welcome back Steve. Are you asking about these kits because a local brew shop carries them? If so, pick one up and give it a try and let us know how it was. I myself am a Wine Expert fan asbut have made other brand kits that have made product just as good in my opinion.

I feel what puts Wine Expert above the rest is their customer service. Other brands may make an end product just as good as WE but if thereIS an issue with the kit, will they back up their words? I would still give one a try and see how it is. Thats what makes this hobby interesting, the variety it entails.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Smurfe,

I did pick one up at a local boutique winery, that is all they have in the area and I didn't want to wait to get a kit in the mail. I got Pinot Noir 10L Kit and just started it. I didn't go to the full 23L, I am between 21-22L, I wanted to keep my SG up (1.094 instead of 1.070-1.080) this should also help with the body and when I rack off the gross lees I should be able to just fill a 5 gal carboy without having to top it up. I'll let you all know how it turns out.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Steve,

You should always make a wine kit to the full six gallons! If you don't, you will throw off the balance and according to Tim Vandergrift, increase the aging time by 6-12 months. If you short it too much, you can make a wine that will never come around. Instead, just add more sugar to raise the S.G.

I've only made one Fontana kit, got it from Amazon. I added a grape pack from M&M and it came out pretty good. Without the grape pack, I'd guess it would have been thin.

Reduction helps on the volume side enhancements always applies.these and Cru cheap line will make an everyday descent wine,not an award winner but a descent wine for cheap.

Latest posts

Back