Other Red blend recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made our Mystic last July! It's still young so we're impatiently letting it age *sigh*...the bottles we've tried at 3 and 6 months are very promising though!! :)

We made our Mystic last July! It's still young so we're impatiently letting it age *sigh*...the bottles we've tried at 3 and 6 months are very promising though!! :)

That's good to hear!
Mine arrived today. Can't wait to get it started!

True, but, as winemakers, we can control the final residual sugar!

That's true, but I think I'll make it according to spec. The 19 Crimes commercial wine that I like has a SG of 1.002, so maybe slightly off dry is what I've been searching for.

I have the Trio Red aging now and they still sell it. The blend is Cab Sauv Syrah and Zifandel although they don't mention the percentages. Sampled it 2 weeks after clearing and it's pretty good at such a young age. Plan on bulking for 8 months before bottling.

I have the Trio Red aging now and they still sell it. The blend is Cab Sauv Syrah and Zifandel although they don't mention the percentages. Sampled it 2 weeks after clearing and it's pretty good at such a young age. Plan on bulking for 8 months before bottling.

Thanks for the tip! Where did your SG finish?

Back