Bottle bombs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyDickison

President of Stay at Home and Do Nothing Inc.
Reaction score
Ok Well the Carmel Apple Cider refermented in the bottles. I opened 5 and they all blew. Can I put them in the fridge for awhile to calm them down before I uncork the rest. Petrified of exploding glass and such. Am I just to worried. Any help would be appreciated. FYI dont use the recipe on the beer forum. Doesnt work.

I replied to your other post. You can put them in the refrig, either open them when they are cold and dump them back into a secondary fermenter or pour them into a glass and drink it. It should be sparkling and you mite have to add some sugar to it in the glass. Don't be shaking the bottles as they could have a bunch of pressure in them. Arne.

The corks will pop before the glass breaks.

I surely hope so Mike. So far when I have had something like that happen, the corks have blown out. Not much experience with it, tho. Only a couple of times. Always be safe with this stuff. Once had a bottle blow a hole in the side when corking. Nuthin hurt except the bottle of wine. Was using a floor corker and about a 2 inch hole came out of the side. Think it was a bad bottle, maybe dropped and didn't see the bad spot when cleaning. Anyway, be careful with this stuff. Arne.

Well, it is possiable for the bottle to break, I have seen it happen not once but twice...be carfull

I had what I call "Peach Explosion '08" One bottle was in the wine server in the dining room. When my wife woke up & walked across the room her feet were sticking to the floor. One bottle of Peach Wine 2008 blew it's cork & drained out on the OAK floor. After things calmed down I checked the other 20+ bottles, thankfully they were in a 18 gal. plastic tote. 15 popped corks, 1 broken bottle, the rest sparkling Peach Wine! I'm VERY careful when I stabilize NOW! Don't even sample during the process! Roy Fighting Town Creek Wines

Latest posts

Back