Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJWineLover

Junior
Reaction score
I am considering making the CC Rosso Fortissimo wine. Canany of you please give a more detailed taste description of this wine other than what is printed on its description page? I appreciateyour insight and opinions.

After 18 months or more in the bottle, I can only describe it as "extremely delicious"
smiley36.gif

Seriously, this is a Supertuscan type of wine, and is full bodied. Goes great with grilled meats and heavy stews. Even better with wild game. Usually has good fruit taste with hints of black currant and an underlying spicyness. This is a tannic red wine, however, this kit can still benefit from additional tannins from Tan'Cor or Tan'Cor grand cru.

You *must* age this kit in order to see how good it is. Don't even think about it for 12 months and it gets best after 24 months. Mine is over 36 months now I think and is awesome.

It is fantastic. A full bodied wine that is a very good representation of the Super Tuscan style. I agree to, this wine will need age. I have very few bottle of the first batch I did of this that is at 4 years old. It is absolutely fantastic.

Mine is 19 mths old now and still has a smoky-woody nose, but the taste is really coming along. Lots of cherry with a hint of plum.

I've been absent from the forum for a while. Looking forward to being around here more this winter.
Our CC rosso Fort is now 20 months old. It is the best wine we have made to date. Others include premium WE, Mosti AJ, AJME, and Megs. Of course the experiments continueand more time is needed for real comparison. On this one, we used supplemental oak and extended lees contact and were patient enough to have only openeda few bottles
smiley4.gif
...We'll do this one again.

Laurie C said:
So did you put extra k meta in it? I do not. Just wondered.

Yes, we follow Wade's (andGeorge's)advice on reds. Generally we don't add kmeta to whites.

Latest posts

Back