pest control

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agaric1

Junior
Reaction score
I am in east Tennessee and I am having trouble with a certain pest right now. It is the grape can girdler. I have been checking out information, like pdf's from various universities and etc., but they usually seem to just call them a minor pest and do not really recommend spraying. No articles are citing any particular sprays for them from what I have bee researching. They have cost me several small grape bunches already and I just do not want any more to be lost.
I have used some ortho stuff but I am seeing the bugs moving around like 5 mins after I spray them. Seems ineffective.
Can anyone recommend anything? Hopefully something home depot might have?

i don't have that particular pest but i use stylet oil to control pests and mildew. it is food grade organic method that you can use all the way to harvest. similar to neem oil got mine online.

This post was very informative but I have just shifted in a shared rented apartment and saw symptoms of bedbugs in store room. I am really worried about them so want to kill them off but don’t want to hire any service. It will be helpful if you can suggest effective method that I can try on my own.

Last edited:
Back