Honeysuckle Mead/melomel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he must be getting it a good price then, cos there's not much difference between that and english clover etc.....

well yes.. prices differ enormously, globally.

Or just follow the lines of "what the hell"! and make some to try the different varietal honeys with traditional mead.

I have been heading that way.

Either way, try as many varietals as you can. And don't just presume the cheap honey, crap mead POV.

it's a learning process obviously. the honey I have been using is a supermarket clover blend and works out at $7 a kilo ( NZ).

Allie

I've been arranging a 15kg bucket of Polish Buckwheat honey via one of the blokes at Gotmead. The chap mentioned above is getting delivered to his house and will bring it back with him. Saving a fortune in either driving across to Poland to collect it, or shipping it.

regards

fatbloke

sheesh you write huge posts!

how much was the 15kgs of polish honey?.. if you don't mind me asking?

Allie

sheesh you write huge posts!

how much was the 15kgs of polish honey?.. if you don't mind me asking?

Allie
As usual, it's all dependent on the shipping costs. Off the top of my head it was 273 zł, but you'll have to convert the zlotys into your local currency.

Hell, I don't even know if it's going to happen as it's having to take a lot of people on trust, but it seems to have proceeded well so far. It's just a case of how or whether my other friend can get it from Poland to the UK in his van.

If it does work out Ok, I might even see if I can arrange a larger quantity for resale to local mead makers next year........ Ha! I'd have to hire a van for that though...... maybe see if I can get a couple of hundred kilo's, then I can happily use that up or sell some on......

Oh, and the Rewarewa honey I got from the local bloke was about £2.50 per lb.....

I know this is an old post but I would love to know how this turned out? I've made several different versions of honeysuckle wine since it's all over our property and a few I've made taste very similar to mead. (even though no honey was used!)

Latest posts

Back