RJ Spagnols 2017 Restricted Quantity (RQ) Program Cut off Oct.12 2016

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note that the RJS page says the Cab will be released December 2107...!! [emoji4]
I know it's a typo

I think the company releases them in Dec to wholesalers, who ship them in starting in Jan.

Could be Dec 30th and Jan 2.....

" A bottle of? "

A bottle of French Cab . I didn't make the Aussie or Lodi cab .

I know I like commercial wines from France. For a while it was all I bought.

Was thinking last night that it might be an interesting exercise to mix some of the Eclipse Stags Leap Merlot with this one - a transcontinental Bordeaux.

RJS confirmed 18L of juice for the whites and also sent this response to me regarding the liters on the red kits:

"Because this years RQ’s have dried skins in them the reds will also have 18L of juice in them."

FYI - my dealer had an email from RJS that basically said due to late harvest, the Dec kit wont be shipped till Jan

cheers

Got both the Cab and the Merlot. Going to make each one, age in a barrel for 6 months each. Let sit in Carboy til they are one year old.

At that point, I'm going to experiment with a little blending. Probably somewhere in the 15 - 20% of each in the other.

Bottle, and let sit another year, when time is up, I'll have a Right Bank Bordeaux, and a Left Bank Bordeaux.

Kind of excited about it actually. Don't blend ever with my kits.

Sort of, except you are missing Cab Franc...

thank you both In and St

But yes, I do understand what 5 grapes make up a Bordeaux Blend..............

Was just pointing out something I could try with what they were providing this year. Left with Cab, Right with Merlot.

Not a big fan of Cab Franc, French Malbec is so so at best, and PV is usually included at 1% and for color.

vabeachbear.....i was just joking. I would assume most here knows what makes up a bordeaux blend. Just figured i would go along. Good luck with your blend! Keep us posted....would love to here how it turns out!

Last edited:
vabeachbear.....i was just joking. I would assume most here knows what makes up a bordeaux blend. Just figured i would go along. Good luck with your blend! Keep us posted....would love to here how it turns out!

Me too, all tongue and cheek. Sometimes my sense of humor doesn't come across on message boards.

Happy Holidays.

@Boatboy24
What i do is pick the mail check/MO when I check out. I always pay when they ship.

And do you do that over the phone? Got an email that the Vermentino is 'Ready for Pick Up'.

And do you do that over the phone? Got an email that the Vermentino is 'Ready for Pick Up'.

No, online through the checkout process. I haven't received an email yet but what I do is I call them when I know the kit is available and then pay over the phone at that point.

Latest posts

Back