Remodel - Turned small basement room into wine room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgoose55

Junior
Reaction score
Three years ago my wife and I sold our home. Shortly after we bought a new home with significantly more space. In the home there was a little hobby room or workshop. My goal was to covert this space into a wine making area. I have recently completed all of the updates and thought I would share the images to help assist people with their own remodeling ideas.

• Installed a stainless steel double sink (used craigslist)
  • Refinished the walls
  • Installed white trim and white doors
  • Repainted the entire room
  • Installed two cabinets with an 8 foot counter top

Here are some of the before and after photos of this project.

DSC_9687.jpg

DSC_9688.jpg

DSC_9689.jpg

DSC_9690.jpg

DSC_9691.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

DSC_1023.jpg

DSC_1030.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

Last edited:
Here are photos from the original working space in our old home. It was a wooden shelf and then for working space. I would lift the carboys/equipment to the chest freezer top. Anytime I needed water, there was a laundry sink next to the chest freezer. When I was done, I had to lift everything back to the wooden shelf. There is a little cubby hole behind the wooden shelf (part of the stair case) where I would store bottles and carboys.

DSC_8516.jpg

DSC_8515.jpg

That's awesome! Great job! I've wanted to do something similar, but my home was built in 1941 so even the basement has the old, crumbling wall foundation stuff. But you give me inspiration to tackle my project!

Now when you look at you old setup, do you ask. "How did I ever function in that"??

Great wines deserve a great working space like you have now.

Wow great sink I hope the price was right they can be big $$ new.

I bought it used off from Craigslist. It was very hard to find a used two base sink with a left handed shelf. However, searchtempest helped a lot and so did search all of the local restaurant equipment websites.

Now when you look at you old setup, do you ask. "How did I ever function in that"??

Great wines deserve a great working space like you have now.

Very true, but honestly when you work in such a tight place. It allows you to think about your problems and solve them. The puzzle for the mind is a great challenge.

Rob

Very nice indeed.

Your old space, minus a sink in the basement, is basically what I had in my old house and have now in my new house. I'm not complaining, the friend that started me on this hobby has his house on a slab, does all his wine making in the kitchen with carboys and bottled wine stored throughout the house.

Back