What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Im kinda snippy too, wanna get married?

Sorry, I realise its a bit profound and direct, but, I thought it was worth asking?

SO?

Last edited:
I shall swim on the back of a polar bear!!!!

Oh wait, Dan shot that one. Guess we will wait.

Today I'm just chillin out .Tomorrow is going to be a busy day we are filtering & bottling 3 full batches and 1 half batch of wine . I had hoped to be doing my last batch of SP but it's not clearing well even with the super Kleer , maybe it's the warm temps around here lately I don't know .

Yesterday we picked up another 16 lb of strawberries and 12 pints of blueberries. I also cut the mullberry tree in the back yard way back since it didn't get any berries this year. We wanted to get some more sunlight in the back yard and the tree was probably close to 35' tall. I need to schedule a vacation day now so I can haul away all the branches.

Today I'm getting ready for a parade in a few minutes then come home and cook out then head to the park to work the booth for the FD and have fireworks. I'll be getting home around 11 tonight by the time we tear everthing down. Thank goodness for being off tomorrow.

Yesterday we picked up another 16 lb of strawberries and 12 pints of blueberries. I also cut the mullberry tree in the back yard way back since it didn't get any berries this year. We wanted to get some more sunlight in the back yard and the tree was probably close to 35' tall. I need to schedule a vacation day now so I can haul away all the branches.

Today I'm getting ready for a parade in a few minutes then come home and cook out then head to the park to work the booth for the FD and have fireworks. I'll be getting home around 11 tonight by the time we tear everthing down. Thank goodness for being off tomorrow.

Our mulberry is probably 35 feet high as well. A few years ago, we cut it back in the hopes of getting more berries. It use to produce a lot of berries but every year they seem to get smaller. Anyway, that didn't help, we are now thinking of cutting it down completely. We think it is just too old to produce anymore.

Our mulberry is probably 35 feet high as well. A few years ago, we cut it back in the hopes of getting more berries. It use to produce a lot of berries but every year they seem to get smaller. Anyway, that didn't help, we are now thinking of cutting it down completely. We think it is just too old to produce anymore.

I hate that feeling:slp

Before you give it the axe, so to speak, you might call your cooperative extension. I'm not at all familiar with mulberries, but sometimes poor nutrition or overbearing plays a part in small fruit. It's worth a phone call if you still want the tree.

Just came back in from camping by the pond with my 2 boys. We had pizza rolls & s'mores cooked over a camp fire for dinner, then hit the air mattress...er...sack. Got up with the sun this morning and had a shore lunch of fresh bass, eggs and pan fried toast cooked in cast iron over an open fire. I even dug out the blue enameled plates and cups from when I was a scout. This was their introduction to camping so I wanted to pull out all the stops. They had a blast. Best I can tell we're on to camp from now until it snows.

Thanks, Mud, I never gave that a thought but I think I will.

Dan, look like MUd says it might not be to late for you. Even if you get old there is still hope. And who else was you talking about, Wade and Tom? :)

Thanks, Mud, I never gave that a thought but I think I will.

Dan, look like MUd says it might not be to late for you. Even if you get old there is still hope. And who else was you talking about, Wade and Tom? :)

So what are you saying Julie, I should call the extension office?:slp

Just finished pitting 16#'s of cherries. Yop in the freezer for later time.

Oh did I say FREE!! :h

Just finished pitting 16#'s of cherries. Yop in the freezer for later time.

Oh did I say FREE!! :h

I got 32#'s for a buck a pound and I had someone else pick them. 16# of sweet and 16# of sour, I was thinking this should be enough for a 5 gallon wine. Not as good as free but still pretty good.

Isn't FREE nice??
I hope you will not drink ALL of her wine.

Latest posts

Back