M&M Wine Oak Barrel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForzaItalia

Reaction score
Hi All,

Going to make a trip up to M&M soon for some Chilean grapes and wanted to purchase a barrel as well. The below is the link to their barrel. Does anyone have any feedback/experience with this barrel. I know there is a lot of support for the Vadai barrels from morewine and the price is similar but figured that if I was going up to M&M I might as well pick up a barrel as well.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.juicegrape.com/Barrel-Hungarian-Oak-23LTR-6gal/

Thanks!
Ilario

Ilario,
The Hungarian barrel that is shown in the link is stamped "ZB" which is the stamp for Zemplen Barrels, this is the cooperage that supplies Vadai with their barrels, an outstanding barrel.
I think that you'll end up saving money buy picking it up from M&M and not paying shipping fees.
If you purchase direct from Vadai, you'll pay $148.00, but the stand is $15.00 extra, plus the shipping, but still cheaper than purchasing a Vadai barrel from Morewine, and no I have nothing but great things to say about Morewine, I spend a lot of money with them.
Make sure that you purchase 2 silicone bungs, one breathable, and one solid for aging.

Tom

Latest posts

Back