Wine Kits and shipping costs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCTitan

Junior
Reaction score
Looking for a supplier that has good prices on their kits and reasonable shipping and handleing rates. I would love to start using my local stores (South Chicagoland/NW Indiana) but find limited supply on their kits. S&H charges on these kits are pretty steep given their weight.

Check out one of our sponsors, The Wine Makers Toy Store. Many of us use him exclusively as once you become a member of the growers club you get an additional discount on top of already great prices. There are holiday coupons codes available now that will save up to $20 on an order depending on the total cost. Shop around and I think you will find their prices will beat just about every place else and one thing is for sure. You will never have to worry about receiving a kit that has sat on a shelf gathering dust for 18mo at this store. I think the oldest kit I have ever received was only 9 mo old with most of them being in the 2-6 mo max range. His customer service, honesty and integrity and above all others.

I agree with ibglowin, excellent site to order from. Fast shipping as well as well priced. WWW.HomeBrewStuff.COM is also very good as ive never had a problem with shipping or their products, if I cant get it from either of them I make the 30 minute drive to my closest brew shop. But more often than not, even after shipping both of these sites offer everything I need cheaper than my local shop AND I dont have to drive 30 mins there and 30 mins back. I actually think Home Brew is offering something like $8 flat rate shipping on all packages or something, which im sure doesnt include oversized items. But for your everyday nutes, tools, yeast and what not you can load up and only pay $8 which is less than the cost of gas to go buy it.

Ditto, ditto on finevinewines (The Winemakers' Toy Store). George will treat you well and he can help you pick your kits.

I am not knocking any supplier but be carefull of flat rate shipping. Often times the supplier makes it up in the cost of goods. Another thing to remember. The first item ot two costs the most to ship. After that the cost of shipping usually does not go up that much, so try to buy everything at once. I also agree tht FVW's is a great place.

I am not knocking any supplier but be carefull of flat rate shipping. Often times the supplier makes it up in the cost of goods. Another thing to remember. The first item ot two costs the most to ship. After that the cost of shipping usually does not go up that much, so try to buy everything at once. I also agree tht FVW's is a great place.

I agree, mostly prices go up. I believe this is a promotional thing to draw more attention to the business, as I didnt know about it until after my last order from them I recieved notice via email. I just figured while the topic was tossed up, id let folks know they had cheap shipping going on. May have been that my shipping was only $7 and some change, so it may only apply if you go over the $8 not sure.

Latest posts

Back