Apple Pie Moonshine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So funny that I found this thread early this morning. My neighbor invited my family over for a bon fire and roasting marshmallows last night. During all the fun we sat by the fire and drank a bottle of the store bought apple pie moonshine, which he had just bought earlier that day. So I decided to make a batch to replace the one we drank ( he learned what happens when you ask me if I want another).

Anyway I followed the receipt posted on the 1st page. Did not have 2 cups of vanilla vodka, so I used 1 vanilla and 1 whipped cream vodka.

Good stuff!

Thank this was a neat, fun departure from wine making!

i think im going to make this next. I will use Jack Kellers recipe as well.

i think im going to make this next. I will use Jack Kellers recipe as well.

Tess you saw my previous post so be warned if you follow his recipe exactly it will be very sweet. This is my first apple pie moonshine so maybe it is supposed to be that way.

I followed the receipe found below:
Super easy. And I like that the process was different from my wine making.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grandmas-apple-pie-ala-mode-moonshine/
Original recipe makes 21 cups Change Servings Makes servings US Metric Adjust Recipe (Help) 1/2 gallon apple juice
1/2 gallon apple cider
4 cinnamon sticks
1 whole clove
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups 190 proof grain alcohol (such as Everclear®)
2 cups vanilla vodka

1-Bring the apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon stick, whole clove, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large pot; reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
2-Stir the grain alcohol and vanilla vodka into the cooled mixture. Pour into bottles and refrigerate

It took me an hour to make while watching the giants game.
following the receipe above I ended up with 3 mason jars, a 64 ounce juice bottle and a 12 oz bottle. I gave 2 away.
And by last night I had a big glass while watching breaking bad.

It is a little sweet, but packs a punch.
I like that I did not have to clear or ferment.
The receipe I followed I heated, stirred and bottled!

Last edited:
thanks elmer I have been looking for that one, it was the original that ended up changed on jack kellers....thanks alot....
making some starting wednesday.

I've been making Elmer's version for a decade or so. Most recently used caramel vodka instead of vanilla vodka. Oh my goodness. It does sneak up on you, but goes down smmoooooth.

saramc..it is good to see you posting, welcome back..from where ever you have been. It is good to see you posting...

I am going to try a batch of this with grape peach juice and juice a few fresh peaches as well using the same spices as apple less sugar maybe 1/2 the sugar

Haste to be a stick in the mud, but it ain't moonshine if'n you paid the taxes. :i

I hate seeing all this tax-paid white liquor in the store calling itself moonshine. No it ain't.

Haste to be a stick in the mud, but it ain't moonshine if'n you paid the taxes.

Jim, I think everyone here knows that and I would never advocate doing anything illegal. Can't we just have a little fun with it?:slp

Latest posts

Back