Is this normal?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabiola

Reaction score
This is my first time ever bottling and corking, the red table wine has a red ring around the cork and I am a little concerned because it didn't happen to the white wine or the white zinfandel. Is this something I should be concerned for? The wine tastes good and there is no smell in the cork.

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

Hard to tell, but it looks like the bottom of the cork is a little fraid and that part of the cork is soaking up some of the wine. (I doubt you couldn't see it with a whit or blush, if it were doing the same thing.) With what type of corker did you bottle?

I imagine it will be OK as is. Just watch it and make sure the corks are not coming apart (crumbling) for some odd reason.

They are LD Carlson, they were new in the bag, but I still put them in the corkidor, and I used a portuguese floor corker, the stain is not growing, it has been in the same place for a week already.

They are LD Carlson, they were new in the bag, but I still put them in the corkidor, and I used a portuguese floor corker, the stain is not growing, it has been in the same place for a week already.

I suspect they will be just fine, but you can keep an eye on them.

In the corkador, the corks did not come in contact with the liquid Kmeta, did they? They are only supposed to come in contact with the Kmeta fumes. I am asking just in case.

I suspect they will be just fine, but you can keep an eye on them.

In the corkador, the corks did not come in contact with the liquid Kmeta, did they? They are only supposed to come in contact with the Kmeta fumes. I am asking just in case.

No, the corks didn't come in contact with the k-meta in the corkidor, but I the corker was wet with a sanitizing solution, so they came a little bit in contact with the star san.

No, the corks didn't come in contact with the k-meta in the corkidor, but I the corker was wet with a sanitizing solution, so they came a little bit in contact with the star san.

That's nothing to worry about. I think everything will be fine.

Back