WineXpert Midwest Cyber Monday kit deal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
In an all-day deal, Midwest is offering a BOGO on WineXpert Vintner's Reserve Coastal Red or Coastal White. Buy One Get One Free. They have other specials, too, but I figured 2 kits for $65.99 plus ship was worth posting.

Must be a heckuva sale - I can't even get to their site. Thanks for sharing Jim. I'll keep trying.

They sent out emails that their site is so overloaded, it's almost crashing. Here are the customer service numbers if you want to try that route:

888-449-2739 or 952-562-5300

Another deal I thought was good was a 25# ratchet press for $255.99. Normally it's $319.99.

Last edited:
They sent out emails that their site is so overloaded, it's almost crashing. Here are the customer service numbers if you want to try that route:

888-449-2739 or 952-562-5300

Another deal I thought was good was a 25# ratchet press for $255.99. Normally it's $319.99.

Looks like you all are helping the economy! Glad to hear they are doing good business. I hope all the winemaking shops are doing as well.

i ordered the red bogo on saturday … has anyone used these kits? this will just be my 2nd (and 3rd) attempts … but hoping for $1/bottle that it will be enjoyable

Hey guys I've made the coastal white and its decent for the price.. It's just your typical white blend and a bit dry.

You will need to add oak with the red, really brings out the boldness. these kits are from the coast of France

Midwest has extended the sale for today (Tuesday), as well. They were totally swamped and so evidently some people didn't get in to order yesterday.

I am making my first-ever kit wine with a VR kit now (Mezza Luna Red) from the last BOGO sale. FYI, there were no labels or corks with my kits. I'm not a wine snob so consider the source, but my taste testing says it is going to be good. My kit came with oak chips, yeast, bentonite, k meta and chitisan - everything I needed to ferment.

Does anyone know the shelf life of the kits. Can you let it sit for a few months before starting up? I've made this coastal red, added oak and some black cherry concentrate, it was a big hit at thanksgiving this year.
Mike

Does anyone know the shelf life of the kits. Can you let it sit for a few months before starting up? I've made this coastal red, added oak and some black cherry concentrate, it was a big hit at thanksgiving this year.
Mike

i asked my expert resource friend … he assures me they last for years .. just try not to let them freeze (the only thing that might happen is the yeast may degrade after more than a year)

I went for two of the Coastal Whiles. My experience with 10 liter red kits has not been good but I have found that whites are usually okay. Anyway, at $1.40 per bottle, you can't go too wrong. I plan to "enhance" the kits with white grape concentrate and white raisins. My Bride likes to sip white wine in the afternoon and all you guys know, "when Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy!"

Only thing about the kits that I'd re-buy after a year is yeast. You can open the kit and put your yeast in the fridge and that will help. I have let the ones I have sit unopened for 8 months and the first one has started off beautifully.

Latest posts

Back