Craigslist comes thru again....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaineGal

Reaction score
Searched CL here in my area and found a number of folks selling their equipment.

This is what I have the chance to buy, all for $215.00. Wanted to get your opinions because there are a couple of things that I have never heard of before....I will pick it up tomorrow night.

7~6.5 gallon fermenting buckets with lids and airlocks
1~6.5 gallon glass carboy
2~5 gallon glass carboys
1~5 gallon better bottle
1~1 gallon carboy
siphon hoses
1~6.5 gallon bolting bucket with filler hose and hand nozzle (?? what is a bolting bucket? It's part of the package deal...)
B-Brite cleanser
Triple Scale hydrometer
Stainless steel hydrometer cup (do I need this??)
Bottle tree that holds 80 bottles
Carboy cleaning brushes
2 carboy handles
long-handled stirring spoon.......

As you can see, it does not include the floor model corker that I want... But figured I could get that after I get my wine kit going.

IMHO this is a weird combination of stuff.

Too many buckets (and the wrong size to boot) and not enough carboys (especially the right size 6 gal)

You can get by with a single primary and multiple secondary carboys to bulk age.

You would be better off picking up a standard starter kit which would include almost all of this and then pick up another carboy, cleaning brush and spoon.

Pick up a basic kit like Georges for $89 (glass carboy) and then add the few items you need off the bat (spoon etc). Plus its all new!

MaineGal said:
Searched CL here in my area and found a number of folks selling their equipment.

This is what I have the chance to buy, all for $215.00. Wanted to get your opinions because there are a couple of things that I have never heard of before....I will pick it up tomorrow night.

7~6.5 gallon fermenting buckets with lids and airlocks These will work good for making 3 to5 gallon batches but for 6 gallon batches you really want the 7.9 Gal Fermenter. As IBGLOWIN said too..Way too many Fermenters. Make sure they were not used for beer making too. That could possibly be a problem.
1~6.5 gallon glass carboy
smiley20.gif

2~5 gallon glass carboys
smiley20.gif

1~5 gallon better bottle
smiley20.gif

1~1 gallon carboy
smiley20.gif

siphon hoses
1~6.5 gallon bolting bucket with filler hose and hand nozzle (?? what is a bolting bucket? It's part of the package deal...) Probably meant "Bottling" bucket with spigot
B-Brite cleanser
smiley20.gif

Triple Scale hydrometer
smiley20.gif

Stainless steel hydrometer cup (do I need this??)
smiley5.gif

Bottle tree that holds 80 bottles
smiley20.gif

Carboy cleaning brushes
smiley20.gif

2 carboy handles
smiley20.gif

long-handled stirring spoon.......
smiley20.gif

As you can see, it does not include the floor model corker that I want... But figured I could get that after I get my wine kit going

It's such a strange assortment, I wonder if the seller would barter for pieces of it? Sometimes people will do that, especially if they are having trouble selling the lot.

Latest posts

Back