VINTNER'S CELLAR

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Being as all you members have so many wines going...I thought I would mix up a few to get a good start on the New Year...

Seriously...We went to Grand Forks today and I needed some Campden Tablets and some oak chips....This is VINTNER'S CELLAR.....they use to just do custom fermenting...for your parties, eating establishments. weddings etc....YOU had to pitch the yeast and help bottle it....you chose the labels too......
Now they are a Winery and also sell wine that they make....FRANCHISES AVAILABLE....they have another store in Fargo that I know of. Edited by: Northern Winos

There's another place like that in Austin, TX - forget the name. Same concept - you pick the kit, help set up primary fermentation, and come back to bottle. Starts at $259 per 23 L kit. I'll bet a Crushendo costs a lot more. The one I saw on the web will do tastings of finished/aged kits so you can decide what you want.

To me, though, running that business is kind of like wedding photography. You only get one shot, and if something goes wrong your reputation goes down the tubes. Give me wildlife photography any day. When I blow a shot, not once has the animal complained.
smiley36.gif

According to Winexpert, that type of business is 95% janitorial. All you do is clean and sanitize bottles, bucket, carboys, etc. Sounds like a lot of fun to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley11.gif

They have several of these in Dallas and they are doing fairly well. It seems like a lot of money for a kit wine, though!

The kits are kind of pricey, but for folks who have no equipment and want to say they 'made' a wine with their photos on it for weddings and other celebration it is great. They do some wines for restaurants and places like that.

They always have wine tastings...and some of the employees and owner are very jolly people.

Now that they are also a WINERY they sell bottles of wine....usally as gift items....like today, the place was very busy....they sell boutique type wine items too.

Handy place to go when you just need a couple winemaking items....They sell used bottles, pails and have a small selection of winemaking supplies....but mostly cater to the high end folks.

Boy does it smell good in there when you open the door....
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back