Member Bio’s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then... Come on, people!

I want to see who I'm foruming to!

smiley36.gif

I gotta find a better pic, and more current. Maybe one of my dogs.

I would like to see a current picture (within the last 3-4 months) of everyone on the forum. Please post your picture -- it's quite easy, really!

All you need to do is press on the
post_button_image_upload.gif
and know where the file is on your computer, and press OK.

See? Not that hard!

It's not hard
smiley25.gif
my son was here today and
I asked him to upload my pictures, he said they had to be on the web
and the ones on yahoo wern't linkable...and he has a degree in computer
science...are you sure it's not hard
smiley25.gif
can someone write step by step instuctions for challenged individuals like myself..
smiley29.gif

Damnit. Sorry for the foul language. I just lost my last (almost finished) post about posting a picture. My fault...

Okay, I don't want to patronize anyone about their computer skills, so bear with me. I am only going on what I have done with my mom, who is a computer beginner, so sorry if this is below your level.

First of all, find the picture you want to upload (transfer over to the forum). To simplify the directory/subdirectory thing: Think of your computer as a book. The book's title is "My Computer" and there are tons of chapters, including "My Documents." My Documents, however, has a lot of sub-chapters in it. One of which is My Pictures. Below that, there are the subdirectories (subchapters) that you name yourself whenever you transfer pictures from your digital camera to your computer.

If you are using Windows XP, your pictures should be in the directory (chapter) My Documents --> My Pictures --> xyz, where xyz is the sub-directory (sub-chapter). Once you have located the picture (usually with the ending .jpg or .bmp or .gif), remember where it's at. You can do this by highlighting the address up at the top (address bar), pressing the right mouse button, and clicking "copy".

There is an icon (a picture that, when pressed, performs a command/runs a program) on the "Post reply" menu. For me, it's in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and it looks like this:
post_button_image_upload.gif
. Don't confuse it with the one without the arrow. That will look for a web-based image. This one will look on your harddrive for the picture.

Once you've clicked that, a new window will open, where you have to put in the "address" that your picture is located at. There, in that field, you first left-mouse-click it. The cursor should blink there. Then right-mouse-click, and say paste. It should paste that address that you copied a while ago. Then left-mouse click on browse. You should be in that sub-driectory where your picture was located.

Then double click on the picture you want to upload.

Then press OK.

Voila, you ahve transferred your first picture to FVW!!!

:)

Hope this helps,

Martina

Howdy,

I have been at it for almost 1 year. Currently working as lab manager at a biotech manufacturing plant while attending nursing school full time. Living in 1 bedroom apt, so not much room for the 6 carboys, 2 primaries, and about 50 finished bottles. Making a Piesporter for a couple of friends' wedding in October. Just finished stabilizing the NZ Sauv Blanc and the Crushendo Syrah, and man did they ever smell good.

robb

Welcome Robb!

Sounds like a great thing you're doing -- nursing school. And the wines don't sound bad at all either!

Welcome to the forum!

Martina

Welcome Robb to the best forum on the net...lol!

A lab manager....cool. I might be tapping your skills to help with my testing experiments.

thanks medpretzel, I know what to do now, I was using the wrong icon, (the one without the arrow)

Ok here we go my name is Johnny R. Vestal Jr. I live in Dayton Tx. that's close to Houston but still in the country I work off-shore as a Crane Operator and Roustabout Supervisor on a drilling rig. I did a lot of logging when I was younger and love it just couldn't pay the bills worked in a chemical plant as an operator and of course some construction jobs. I am happily married with lots of kids (which reminds me masta how did you get a picture of my wife) just built a new house hence the always working and no wine cellar. Going to have to work on that!! Recently bottled my first batch of beer and that was fun cant wait for my first batch of wine going to start with a kitbut after it's in the secondaryI want to try a watermelon so I will be buggin ya'll for some help on that one down the road. No dogs of cats just fish they don't bark or fight all night but the wife wants a Pom so I have a feeling there will be a little fuzz ball running around the house before long. I love to hunt which I haven't got to do in the last 3 years (getting ready to build house and building house) fish, race online, watch Nascar on Sunday and of course make beer and hopefully wine.
Will post a mug when I can take one with my wine.

Welcome Johnny to the forum and your wife said it was ok to use her picture as my avatar...LOL
smiley36.gif
Sounds like you are a very busy guy and I am gald we have a fewmembers who also like to brew beer as well as wine. Us brewers sometimes get a bum rap with the vintners.....but I do both and a lot of the prep is the same so it is a easy transition. We are here to help so please use us a resource, better to ask questions first before running into a problem.

Hi, everyone. I am a corporate executive. I only say that cause it sounds cool. My husband and I have a corporation, here in the Texas Panhandle. I do all the administrative tasks and he does all the production. He is an oilfield consultant, and I have a BS in Business. My husband decided last year that he wanted to make wine, so I am. LOL I thought he was going to buy me beer making equipmentfor Christmas, but he surprised me by NOT doing it! I am a homemaker as well as an executive, I have a vegetable garden and flower gardens. I like to hunt and fish and camp, ride ATV's, travel and generally play outside. I also like to cook and can the vegetables I grow, sew, read, and play with the piano.I am no muscian! I am beginning a personal trainer's couse, I want the information for my own personal benefit, I workout almost daily. I have two grown children (daughter and son)and 4 grand children (1 boy, three girls) twotanks of fish, a dog(Siberian Husky) and a cat (found and rescued). Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome Texas Rose' glad to have you aboard! A corporate executive who is getting buffed up...watch out guys!
smiley36.gif
I think we are getting outnumbered by the Texans on this forum...where are all the yankees? (and not the ones with pinstripes
smiley7.gif
)

Please check out the recipe topic and share some of your favorites cause "variety is the spice of life"
smiley2.gif

Hello Texas Rose what type of consultant(off shore or on shore) if off shore what is hisname I may work with him.
smiley36.gif

He does all of his consulting On shore, unless we are talking fishing and boating!
smiley4.gif
He loves to teach people how to fish. Our grandson caught his first fish when he was just 2 years old.

Masta,

I am getting buff so that I can continue to look like Viking Wench! And, one of the most positive benefits of exercise is that it allows me to eat and drink more!!
smiley36.gif
I will be glad to share some of my recipes, hmmmmm, . . . but which ones?

Latest posts

Back