Hello from Central PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbryner

Reaction score
Well I started to make wine when I was about 17 yrs old, but Then I took a break while I was in the Army.

I'm glad I'm back at it, But this time I'm going to try this whole chemical thing.
So please bear with me and all the questions I will be asking.

I only make wines from things I get free or really cheap, Mostly fruits or flowers.

TJ

Hi TJ,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Ask away we will help you out.

Yet another Pa'er joins the rank and file of WMT. Welcome to what I feel is the best forum on the web. Ask your questions, there is a ton of knowledge here to be had.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum, glad ou're here. Have you ever made wine out of daylilies?

No didn't know about that one.
So far I've done:

Watermelon Great after a year of aging not fit to drink before that IMO
Strawberry Loved it
mulberry A little strong
mint Awesome
oak leaf Never again dumped it out
corn Never again dumped it out
blue berry good wine just seems to take a while to work
raspberry My all time favorite
peach Good but I had a hard time with it being to sweet
pear Still aging

Not surprised what you had to say about watermelon after reading posts from other members. You listed flowers in your original post and thats why I asked. I have heard of it but have not read any posts of dayliliy wine.

Welcome Neighbor and fellow soldier! You have come to the right place. There is a wealth of knowledge here and everybody is willing to share it. So if you have questions ask away you will be suprised by the quick and numerous responses. Again welcome!:db

No longer a soldier But Wish I was .....Long story short Iraq was kinda hard on the body...

But thanks for the welcome. Seems to a lot Pa people here... Guess we like to drink ;)

We need to drink so we can participate in this obsession. I am no longer a Soldier (retired 1SG) but I do understand what you are saying. Thanks for your service, and again welcome to the site!

Dan,
We have quite a few daylillies in our yard. Problem is if I picked em and tried to make wine out of them think I would have to find a new happy home. SWMBO would pitch a fit you would hear all the way to Penn. That would be bad since I usually have to try to get her upset. Course it is never my fault, but that is another story. Arne.

I have a ton of lilies in my front and back yard, The only reason I haven't made it yet is I'm not sure they are the edible type.I'll have to look into it this spring.

However Honeysuckle is on the list for this coming year, Should be able to give a good report on it in a year or 3 ..LOL Along with a small batch of Lilac.

Dan,
We have quite a few daylillies in our yard. Problem is if I picked em and tried to make wine out of them think I would have to find a new happy home. SWMBO would pitch a fit you would hear all the way to Penn. That would be bad since I usually have to try to get her upset. Course it is never my fault, but that is another story. Arne.

I am with you Arne I dare not touch the lillies but I have thought about the lilac and wonder how that would taste not that I have that many lilacs that I could pick

Welcome! I would like to see a regional section on the forum, wouldn't have to be states in general but areas would be cool!

Latest posts

Back