Cherry Wine started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill B

Reaction score
Hi all, Well I started my Cherry today. Man this juice smells and taste awsome. SG 1.084, Brix at 21, sulfite adjusted to 50 ppm, PH 3.4 Yeast Montrachet. Yeast nutrient added, 5 gal pure juice

The Blackberry is fermenting very nicely now, and the Cherry has just started. I'll post more pics as stages progress.

Bill
2005-08-29_153129_100_0152.JPG

Looks great Bill! Do you know what the company does to get the ph up and the acidity down in pure cherry and blackberry juice? Perplexing.

smiley20.gif

Hippie, Im not sure. I do know that after crushing, some of the juices are hot pressed which extracts more color without fermenting on the skins. Also the juice is adjusted at the factory to 21 Brix, They also add Pectic Enzyme at the factory along with K-Meta to 50 ppm. The acidity is a bit high but was told not to adjust as Blackberry is high in acid as it ferments it will quickly be broken downto other acids. The same for the Cherry. I do have to call and order another 5 gal Blackberry i'll attempt to address this. Will they give me an ans? I don't know. Ill let you know soon

Bill

Thanks Bill. They got to be doing something to deal with the acid. It would be interesting to find out what.

Hi George, I get the juice from Walkers Fruit Basket http://walkersfruitbasket.com They have many juice to choose from and will have the new harvest ready in a few weeks. I did call today to try and answer a ques Hippie and I were discussingm but didn;t talk to a tech person. I'll call back, as Im going to order more Blackberry and a RHUBArd. by th way the cost for shipping fron Upstate New York toi Middle GA os $2300 UPS

Bill

Thanks for the info. It looks like they sell to retailers. I will have to contact them.

Hey George, get the skinny on their acid reducing methods or techniques if you can please.

Hippie, I tried again today, and all I could find out was that when a winery is about to purchase a juice that they don"t produce then they will adjust the acidity to the particular wineries specs. I know its not what we are looking for, but im still trying. The new fall juices will be ready on the 23 of Sept. maybe by then either George or myself can get some ans. I havent given up yet.

Bill

I called them today to inquire about pricing and was told that the fruit juices are only adjusted with sugar and k-meta is added.

From what I have read on the website "Rick Walker" is the winemaker and should be able to answer your questions Hippie...his e-mail is [email protected]

Latest posts

Back