Cellar Craft CC Showcase Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
I'm finally down to my last 5 bottles of Amarone from CC. This was the 2004/2005 vintage and I can safely say that even with 1.5" corks, this wine has enough structure to still be at its peak even 6 years later!

Very few kits can do that without doctoring a little. The bitterness is coming through most excellent! I'd even hazard a guess that this wine can last 2 to 3 more years. Very nice.

Boy I wish I could say the same about mine. Light and fruity is how mine still tastes after 3 1/2 years. Would love for this to turn the corner but it refuses to budge.

Wow, you guys are amazing!
smiley20.gif

My plan is to hold on to a couple bottles from my top fav kits for that period as well to see what they turn into with time.

Must forget about them for a few more years!

Prretty easy to do, you just need to leave them in the carboy longer.

Mike, I think you'll be able to do that easily. You see, at one point, I made so much wine that I had over 1000 bottles, including commercial wine that I collect (Bordeaux). When you have the volume, it's easy to forget about wines you've made because there is so much to try.

I hear you. I have ~300 bottles commercial (I collect top end WA state stuff mainly) as well as ~500 bottles of my stuff with more in bulk.......

My MM Ren. Amarone is about 20 months old and hasn't even started to come around, yet. From what I have taste tested last month, it at least seems like it will be worth the long wait. I keep telling myself, "Patience, patience, patience!"

DancerMan said:
My MM Ren. Amarone is about 20 months old and hasn't even started to come around, yet. From what I have taste tested last month, it at least seems like it will be worth the long wait. I keep telling myself, "Patience, patience, patience!"

Mine was amazing at about 2 years

VCASEY

YOU COULD STILL CHANGE THAT BODY AND FRUITNESS..NOT TO LATE..............REALLY....
smiley9.gif
...BECAUSE WHAT YOU HAVE WILL NOT TURN ON ITS OWN..ITS DOESN'T HAVE THE STRUCTOR TO ,IF WHAT YOU STATED IS FACT,(LITE AND FRUITY)...AND GIVEN THE TIME FRAME IN WAITTING
smiley3.gif
..YOU NEED TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX..OUR PEERS MIGHT NOT AGREE BUT IF YOU WANT THIS WINE TO BECOME A AMARONE YOU NEED TO HELP IT ,TIME IN THE BOTTLE AS IS NOT THE ANSWER.......
smiley9.gif

joeswine said:
VCASEY

YOU COULD STILL CHANGE THAT BODY AND FRUITNESS..NOT TO LATE..............REALLY....
smiley9.gif
...BECAUSE WHAT YOU HAVE WILL NOT TURN ON ITS OWN..ITS DOESN'T HAVE THE STRUCTOR TO ,IF WHAT YOU STATED IS FACT,(LITE AND FRUITY)...AND GIVEN THE TIME FRAME IN WAITTING
smiley3.gif
..YOU NEED TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX..OUR PEERS MIGHT NOT AGREE BUT IF YOU WANT THIS WINE TO BECOME A AMARONE YOU NEED TO HELP IT ,TIME IN THE BOTTLE AS IS NOT THE ANSWER.......
smiley9.gif

Agreed but it'll have to wait for an empty carboy.

Latest posts

Back