Has anyone tryed this????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
I have a friend that has 15 lbs of concord? grapes in the freezer since
last fall. A cyser seems to be in order. I'd like to use a tryed
and true recipe for this. Any help out there. I'm definetly going to
need more carboys with all the progects I'm planning!

Pete,

A mead withgrapes or grape juice is actually a pyment. I have not made one but I think I might have a few recipes and will look tonight and post if I can find one.

Oops,

Cyser is the one with grains...I think...

Thanks Scott

Pete

Edited by: paubin

I'm wondering what the flavor of the honey will do to the notableflavor of the concord. Might be a good combination.

Pete:

Cyser is the one with apple juice! Braggot is the one with grains/malt. In any case, it doesn't matter! Best of luck with the pyment!

I'll wait for Scott to post his recipe, otherwise tomorrow I'll post one as well. What types of honey do you have at your disposal? How about yeast nutrient?

I'm starting to try the 3 feeding method for meads and it seems to help with early drinkability. Basically it goes like this: If you are going to feed your mead, split it into 3rds, and give the first 1/3rd before you pitch the yeast, give the second dose 2 days after, and then give the 3rd dose about 1/2 way through to the desired level of residual sweetness. So far it actually seems to work! Meads that typically take years to be good are just as good in 6-12 months!

I have clover, orange blossom and buckwheat readily availeable.
Normally I also feed in 3 stages. I dont know about early drinkability
but I do know it helps the yeast. Someday I'll get the various
different names for different mead styles down pat. LOL

Pete

Latest posts

Back