Winery management software

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_walnut

Junior
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations and/or feedback on winery management software. If you have any experience with any programs I'd greatly appreciate anything you can tell me. For reference I'm at a 45,000 case winery in the Midwest and we currently use no software. I'd like a program that will track vineyard data, lab data, work orders, barrels, blending etc. And that also will help with some of the compliance reporting we have to do. This is a list of suppliers I've found so far. Thanks!

Advanced Management Systems (AMS)
Winemaker's Database (WMDB)
Innovint
VinTrace (formerly VinX2)
Innovative Vinology Inoformation System (IVIS)
Wine Management System (WMS)
VinPoint

No experience but, wines and vines arrived today. I haven't cracked it yet but it says software on the cover.

I don't have experience in Winery Management but I do have experience with software and what it sounds like you need is a Database. You could get a Microsoft Access database to do all that you have asked for.

I started a software company two decades ago, which is still in business today, and have done a lot of software review and recommendations.

And I can say right off, for your size of business, I could not answer your question honestly. Would need at least a day or two of needs assessment and analysis and with far more information.

For example, you said you want to track vineyard data. What data? Just harvest data? Or more, such as environmental data? Would this include data from field sensors? Will there be a need for field personnel to record data in the field in hand held units (e.g. Trimble field units or off the shelf tablets)? Should this data be in real time, requiring WAN or cellular network access? What types of data are you interesting in recording is important to know, as there is a huge amount of data one can record using field sensors, if you want to use them, which you may or may not want to do. And that is all just a small set of questions, and only about field monitoring. We have not even gotten to the lab data entry and analysis, cellar work, much less the marketing and shipping data or compliance monitoring.

And quite frankly, we made a lot of income over the years from clients who were first sold some "Access database", which was of course not sufficient for their needs and came to us to "fix it".

Last edited:
And I can say right off, for your size of business, I could not answer your question honestly. Would need at least a day or two of needs assessment and analysis and with far more information.

I appreciate your thoughtful reply. But I am not looking for someone to determine what is the perfect software for my situation. I'm looking for your experiences with the various solutions that are available. What worked well, or didn't work and why?

Have a look at https://www.vinworks.org. It's new, free and may have some of the pieces you're seeking. I'm actually the developer so if you enjoy and have custom requirements, message me and I'd love to know more to possibly incorporate. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back