1 gallon recipes, hard to find!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have links to these recipes? I am having a hard time finding them on the recipe section(slow internet) I have used the search field but still no luck, everything is either for 5 gallons and up!

Math is your friend...:) Seriously though just divide the measurements by 5 for your one gallon recipes. But I quickly learned. One gallon is not enough anymore, go at least three gallons minimum.

Last edited:
Do you have links to these recipes? I am having a hard time finding them on the recipe section(slow internet) I have used the search field but still no luck, everything is either for 5 gallons and up!

Dominic is all over it.....................just divide. I typically only make 2 and 3 gal. batches. Just do some division with the 5 and 6 gal. batches.

I'm new to this and that is something I learned up front is that all the recipes were linearly scalable....find your favorite recipe and just divide by 5.

The beauty of doing a 1 or 2 gal. batch is you can see if it is something you are going to like or perfect the recipe of choice. Then, if you choose, make the bigger batch.

For a 5 gallon recipie divide by 5, same for other amounts.

The added yeast, tends to remain the same around 5 gms, or, one teaspoon, the other ingredients scale in proportion to the amount you are making.

Last edited:
Wineforfun said it all, one gallon just doesn't last long enough, one good weekender between me and the wife and poof its all gone

haha
I was only "responding" to RighteousDrinker's comment.

For me, 1 and 2gal. batches are where it's at. We don't drink more than 1-2 bottles per weekend, so I can get close to a month out of a gallon of wine. Plus, with my A.D.D., I am always trying new recipes/tweaks.

jack keller is the way to go. just planted tramnitte(sp). and the french said I couldn't do it.

I often see suggestions to check Jack Keller's site for recipes. I also see comments that his recipes are light on the amount of fruit used. If you use his recipes how much would you increase the fruit? Then do you increase any of the other ingredients?

Mary Lou

There are times when I make 1 gallon batches too. I had someone give me some POM juice enough to make a gallon of wine. This stuff cost $13.00 for a 48 oz bottle. It would have cost $138.66 to turn that 1 gallon into 5. I didn't even know If cared for the stuff. So I made the gallon to see. I do the same with many new or experimental wines.
BTW if anyone is interested, It would be worth the money to make 5 gallons. Great fruit flavor.

I often see suggestions to check Jack Keller's site for recipes. I also see comments that his recipes are light on the amount of fruit used. If you use his recipes how much would you increase the fruit? Then do you increase any of the other ingredients?

Mary Lou

If I use his I would at least 1.5 the times of recommended fruit. I usually double it.
The other ingredients are usually ok.

Latest posts

Back