What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ammo definately is crazy expensive. 100 rounds for $34.00 at walmart. My son picked up an 800 round tin of Tula ammo for $129 at Gander Mountain. He got the last one. They still had the 7.62 about 10 tins. I have about 500-600 rounds of that for the SKS at home still. Had a great time yesterday afternoon, we went through about 300 or so rounds in total.

MISWEST SHOOTERS SUPPLY HAS GOOD PRICES ON AMMO AND THEY NOTIFY BY E-MAIL ON PRICES.

THE BEST PART IS AVOIDING SALES TAX. :i

Last edited:
When I told my wife that Dan had been to Walkers and picked up some Rougeon last weekend she twisted my arm a little ;) to make one last trip before they close (for the summer)next month. We picked up 6+ gallons of Baco Nior and wanted 12 of Rougeon but the tank would only give up 10 before it went dry :( so he offered to finish filling that pail with Baco which was OK with me. The were also quite generous filling my primary pails all well above the bottom ring. :D
The woman at the counter said they had run out of a couple varieties today.

I probably wouldn't have posted this however I know there are quite a few Jeep and 4 wheeling enthusiast's on here and while I know its not a "Jeep" it just might be the ultimate 4 wheeling toy.

It was brought into my shop last Thursday for some repairs to the rear wheel stearing system.

Buggy.jpg

P.S. Not a picture of my shop, this is a photo the customer sent me before he brought it in.

Will you need testers after the repair is complete, if it makes it thru just one weekend I bet it will never break again.

On the road. Heading for a vacation in the Black Hills. Going to go camping in Deadwood South Dakota.

Hitting the road to Tybee Island for a much needed vacation. Won't be back for 7 days!!! Can't wait!!! No mowing, no working, no softball!! Just me, my wife, the kids, a beach, and the ocean. Looking forward to it!!!!

Just back from ten days in Cape Cod last night. Bottling my Barolo today and easing back into reality.

Kept busy this morning, racked my Blackberry Merlot and had a S.G. of 0.992, added sulphite and potassium sorbate (I did mix vigorously) then added the finishing blend (blackberry). then the kieselsol and chitosan. I did degas with the drill and the attachment, but also used the vacuum pump (the one you use to seal the bottle after you open it. A number 7 1/2 bung will fit inside. Pump it up and watch the bubble come. If you shake it (roll it around on edge) the bubbles multiply a hundred fold. Did this a few times, by releasing the pressure and pumping again. This seems to work great (seen it on youtube, I can't help myself). Two weeks or so I can bottle it. NEXT: I started my Diamond, I got from Walkers, S.G. was 1.078, racked it from the hotpack to a plastic carboy and about a gallon of it into a gallon jug. Nutrient and yeast was added. For a hobby I thought I would just do a few times a year, seems to have gotten out of hand. I've got 31 gallons sitting on the table in different stages. And my first Blackberry Merlot is almost gone. IS THIS NORMAL? If anyone notices that I might be doing something wrong, please let me know, as I'm new to all this. My neighbor has been helping me, but every time I walk across the street, I come back with a new hobby. I told him I don't like peas, never have. So he's got these sweet peas, now I'm growing these sweet peas next year. He's thinking of brewing beer next..... And I'm still having fun! 8)

Racked 18 gallons of apple wine yesterday of which 12 gallons are finished and polished, and did a lot of cleaning. Today I started 6 gallons of a Skeeter Pee/Ocean Spray Cranberry Blackberry Blueberry mix. I now need to do some serious bottling, I also have 6 gallons of regular Skeeter Pee finished and polished. :tz

image-1736979816.jpg

See, not a shed, the door openings are 15' tall clearance for semi trailers to drive in, its 30' at the peak. We have a bit less then 500' more to put up and we have to install all the wall girts. Oh what fun.

What the hell is on the roof next door (the right)? Men? Kangaroos? Roos are a long ways from home, but thats what they look like

HAHAHA lol I couldn't figure out what heck you was talking about, I see it now, them are roof vents with a fin and can spin so to opening points away from the wind and draws air from the building.

That place melts aluminum down into something for making stainless steel. We are installing new roof and walls everywhere.

Hey I'm actually doing some wine work. See you guys thought I was just here to b.s.

That pic was a response to one I put on the other day, Deezil said "I seen that shed....." So this one was to clear up that's it's not a shed.

Baby is up so wine work is done till later, back to just bsing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back