Behind the scenes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
:)

I look around my wine operation and said Joe time to regroup and rethink whats on the menu,so last October when the Italys came in I did 12 of amarone,6 brunello and 6 voignier,juice and 18lbs. grapes,had product from early may ready to bottle had bottles to gelable,and was making in conjunction with 2 other wine makers in our group,showing them how to make a better wine so I had 3/6gal bottles of theirs also,3/15gal bottles of my best friends wine bulk aging ,along with 12gals of Shiraz and 8gals of cab (juice and grape blends) .ended up bottling Thompson seedless,Muscat and voignier from cal.........now I'm under control.so I made a 3gal batch of blueberry wine to start with and will follow that up with 12gals of peach......all this so that in Sept. when the Itys. arrive me and my students will make 18gals of amarone,18gals of brunello and 18gals. of sangavese what I will do for my friends.........but its all GOOD>>>>>>>>>>

Boy that's cleaning up your "winery". I been busy over last weekend. I got my hands on 5 cases of Pineapples (=32 pcs. only $10.00 ). What a mess that was. cutting them up. Good thing I did it outside or SWMBO would have had a fin if I did it in the kitchen.
Now.... What do you think I did with all that Pineapple??.:)

Tom, you got a real steal. They're $1.99 each when they go on sale down south.

Yea thats only .32 each. Now they were very "ripe". That means loaded with SWEETNESS.

what to do

TOM I still haven't touch the beer and need to get to Brett for the pepsi keg....the amarone is finished and when next we meet I'll bring you a bottle to sample ..I think you'll be surprised,did the final movements on the mojito,and blueberry ,also final approach on MS.Ts peach ice wine and finished out her pinot grigio,after mlf,finished kitos ( a friend ) viognier, added golden raisins to the finish,took his over sweetened sharaz and refermented it to slightly under 1.000,,add oak and powdered oak to add body back to it,taste party d-m good.....be busy at ac work this is the first time I've had in 21 days to my self.......hope you'll follow the thread ,I have other items to add as i go along...:br

OK hope to make the meeting next month. No rush on the keg. Have you been tasting the brew?

cleaning up

no not yet , will hold in the keg?..been very busy on the street,,:mny

how do you think the good wines gone bad is going? not to boring? :n are they reading ? how do I judge any response ?

Joe lots of good info in the good wine gone bad. If someone pulls one good thing out of it, that makes it all worth while. I enjoyed the zesting part.

cleaning up

ITS BEEN A GOOD YEAR:i

The last thread I stated I was cleaning up the cellar winery and I have ,all the wine I need to redirect and reconstruct was done,all the needs were taken care of with all the fresh juice and what few fruit wines I make,now down there are 6 gallons of pure blueberry wine with oak,6 gallons of carammare,malbec ,i peach which either I can fix or repair or chuck,probably just chuck it,5 riesling ready to bottle,6 tempenallo,might mix a small portion with some blueberry,a melbec I'm fixing for a another wine asst.,3peach ice wine kit IM making for MS.T....in between I.ve made several kits but the winery as it is is clean and under control...:)

I know I myself have found the good wine gone bad thread cool, I've learned thru the years that you can never know to much about anything your doing no matter what it is or how long you've done it. You can always learn new things from people you don't know

WOW was post 1000 coolies

I know I myself have found the good wine gone bad thread cool, I've learned thru the years that you can never know to much about anything your doing no matter what it is or how long you've done it. You can always learn new things from people you don't know

Yep, I too have enjoyed reading the good wines gone bad thread. Very good information there.

Congrats Sirs....

Just quoting the 1000th thread. Congrats! :p

clean up

Well ,now that the clean up is almost complete,I'm looking around and see that my blueberry needs a mate,sounds like a tampanello blend,that takes care of that ,I have a Riesling,I'm going to leave that as is,need fresh Riesling for stock,have a amarone that will go straight up,have caramera and MELBEC they'll be a blend unto themselves,peach I'm not sure if thats worth saving or dumping,well so far so good.:b

Joe lots of good info in the good wine gone bad. If someone pulls one good thing out of it, that makes it all worth while. I enjoyed the zesting part.

I also found the zest part interesting. I'm experimenting with lemon zest right now in my latest cherry skeeter batch.

zesting

YES IT CAN:try

experiment with it make as it is or a extract and make a cello of a variety of flovars...blueberry ,lemon,orange,citrus,etc: think outside the box..have fun..its only juice:b

garlic and onion

Ms. Daisey how is this wine coming along the word combination is tasty ,are you finished with it,is it too your liking so far?:u

spoiled rotten

Have you read the thread when good wines gone bad what was your thoughts ,how you or might you want to try some of these techniques in the future and whats in your carboys?:u

chilean malbec/camara

THE CHILEAN BREAKDOWN :rn

While cleaning up yesterday I wanted to see just how the two wines mentioned above were doing.:f

The melbec was the only one I adjusted and it was fair but needs some more work had good legs and decent taste for a really young wine,but not the bite I'm looking for nor the deepness,the camara on the other hand I didn't adjust tasted very lite in body and no character,even thought its young I believe there's no promise of being good unless I do some adjustments to this one, also ,as a rule they would both be sitting their for a year and the I would go to the finish line with them,however knowing what I do know and having the time I do ,I decided to make adjustments now...: This is pretty much a job for when good wines gone bad........................see you there.:

Last edited:
bottle washing

TIME IN A BOTTLE:se

WELL, WENT DOWN TO THE CAVE TONIGHT AND DESCIDED IT WAS TIME TO CLEAN BOTTLES,A NEVER ENDING CHORE,:n,IN BETWEEN I WAS COOKING ITALIAN SWEET PEPPERS,AND HAVING A CORONA,AND IN ANOTHER PAN BREADED CHICHEN BREAST ITALIAN STYLE,DINNER WILL BE GOOD TONIGHT,TOOK A LOOK AROUND AND THOUGH ITS TIME TO BOTTLE THE AMARONE EXPERIMENT,BLEND THE MOJO WINE KIT AND BOTTLE IT,ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO ,HOW ABOUT YOU?:mny

Latest posts

Back