Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another shot from what we call the "main hill road" that heads up to Los........
Our latest travel plans have us stopping in Santa Fe on the afternoon of May 30th. We're just spending the one night but I'd love to have a couple of "go to" places, close by, lined up, to try to shoot a couple of photos. Suggestions appreciated. What's the Hwy # and about how far a drive is that?

That's what is called the "Anderson Overlook". Its basically only about a couple miles down the road from Los Alamos proper.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...f647c74bb5986!8m2!3d35.8728616!4d-106.2330555
I can work on some points of interest but it sounds like you won't have much time to run all over the place!

Our latest travel plans have us stopping in Santa Fe on the afternoon of May 30th. We're just spending the one night but I'd love to have a couple of "go to" places, close by, lined up, to try to shoot a couple of photos. Suggestions appreciated. What's the Hwy # and about how far a drive is that?

@ibglowin, looks like you're only about 30 miles from santa fe. I'll throw an extra bottle or two in the truck. Yea, we're pretty much in and out and looking for stuff not to far from the highway. Looks like we're in and out on HWY 25. Google maps make your neck of the woods look very similar to ours.
JeromeHwyCarLights.jpg

Yes, we are about 30 mins from Santa fe. If its overlooks and vista's you want to capture we have it in abundance. Santa fe has the charm of the plaza and adobe buildings but no overlooks to speak of. Perhaps if the timing works out we could do a proper meet and greet somewhere. PM me where you are staying. That weekend is Memorial Day and I think we are hanging out. Will be happy to swap a few bottles with you!

@ibglowin, looks like you're only about 30 miles from santa fe. I'll throw an extra bottle or two in the truck. Yea, we're pretty much in and out and looking for stuff not to far from the highway. Looks like we're in and out on HWY 25. Google maps make your neck of the woods look very similar to ours.

Very nice tree! I wish I could count the number of trees I've planted over the years on private and public property. I guess I'm a bit of a tree "nut." That's different than a tree hugger. I was chairperson of the city tree advisory board where I used to live and was involved in planting lots of trees. I enjoy seeing how much they have grown over the years.

Plan to shoot tail lights heading down the mountain, no cars. Plan to shoot the milky way, too high and just enough clouds to mess the shots up. Sit back in the truck, have some coffee and cookies to sooth the failure and the sun rises up about as perfectly centered between the rocks as you could ask for. Nice shot and the world is fine again.....View attachment 73629
Ain't it nice when a plan comes together? Beautiful shot.

Very nice tree! I wish I could count the number of trees I've planted over the years on private and public property. I guess I'm a bit of a tree "nut." That's different than a tree hugger. I was chairperson of the city tree advisory board where I used to live and was involved in planting lots of trees. I enjoy seeing how much they have grown over the years.

We're at almost 600 on our farm over 31 years.

Back