Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife was going through some old boxes of photos and found this. It's a TinType Taken in the early 80's when we were in our young/mid 20's at Magic Mountain, a So Cal amusement park. There's a local place that does the same dress up, old photo thing and whenever we open back up and it safe we're going to try to take a similar photo, but 4 decades later.
L&M1980s.jpg

Ooooo, a Tesla. I got to drive one recently. Shouldn’t have done that. Now I want one. 😕

I tell everyone, once you drive an EV you ain’t looking back. No gas car for me any more, or ICE as we call it.

Piece of mind of not worrying about an engine with all sorts of internal parts and oil, plus transmission, plus this and that.

win win for EV.

I tell everyone, once you drive an EV you ain’t looking back. No gas car for me any more, or ICE as we call it.

Piece of mind of not worrying about an engine with all sorts of internal parts and oil, plus transmission, plus this and that.

win win for EV.
Plus: 0 to 60 in, like, 3 seconds! And that’s MPH, for my Canadian brothers and sisters. I might be exaggerating a bit, but it sure feels like it, even in the “cheap“ model. 🚀

I haven't run into any sizable snakes around here yet, bull or otherwise, but this morning as we left the house for our walk I found this guy hanging around on the front porch. My initial instinct was to grab a bat or 7 iron or maybe my 12 gage winchester but after taking a quick pic or two I opted for a broom and shepherding him off to some rocks that he crawled under and then away from sight. That porch column he's sitting in front of is 14" wide and I'd say he was right at 3" long.

A quick lookup says he's probably male (females are blond or tan) and the males live approx 10 years.

TarantulaCloseup.jpgTarantulaScale.jpg

Completely harmless!

We have them around here as well but you don't see them usually unless it's "tarantula mating season"..... And yes that is a thing and yes you could be ahead of the rest of us possibly in AZ. Around here its usually ~September.

I remember the first time I was was riding (cycling) out past Bandelier and all of a sudden saw tarantulas trying to cross the road every 20 yards or so. A crazy (and eery) sight but they (the males) are just looking to get laid (like most males LOL)

1595957706838.png

I haven't run into any sizable snakes around here yet, bull or otherwise, but this morning as we left the house for our walk I found this guy hanging around on the front porch. My initial instinct was to grab a bat or 7 iron or maybe my 12 gage winchester but after taking a quick pic or two I opted for a broom and shepherding him off to some rocks that he crawled under and then away from sight. That porch column he's sitting in front of is 14" wide and I'd say he was right at 3" long.

A quick lookup says he's probably male (females are blond or tan) and the males live approx 10 years.

win win for EV.

Pull this with an EV! ;) ;)
F6A97552-5C0B-4010-BC45-31D56FCB599E.jpegF6A97552-5C0B-4010-BC45-31D56FCB599E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back