HELP! Need help before chain saws get used!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiek

barbiek
Reaction score
No it's not my vines but it could be if I don't get rid of these worms! I have 3 cedar trees that were always green and lush but it has been browning and dry at the top been wondering why it was browning, I think I got the reason but it's happening fast! My friend walked into a bunch of webs the other day and I have little ca coons hanging from the webs and little worms are trying to birth!

Last edited:
Here's a pic although it's sideways
It needs to be turned to the right once help Julie thanks

IMG_1027.jpg

Thanks dralarms I figured they would have to go! Do you know the name of them? Thanks a lot

Not sure but once a "evergreen" starts turning brown it's gotta go.
I transplanted 2 builder-supplied evergreen tree/bush things this spring. One seems to be doing fine. The other sat out of the ground for about a day due to schedule and it is noticeably less green with brown tips on about half the branches. There does look to be new growth in some places, so I'm hoping it pulls out of it. Does the same rule apply here?

Update

For curiosity sake the name of these critters are bag worms. They are masters of disguise! Their cacoon looks like a lil pine cone! That's why they were able to progress so much! Their like a snail where they will extend out of their built in house.

I transplanted 2 builder-supplied evergreen tree/bush things this spring. One seems to be doing fine. The other sat out of the ground for about a day due to schedule and it is noticeably less green with brown tips on about half the branches. There does look to be new growth in some places, so I'm hoping it pulls out of it. Does the same rule apply here?

I think there's a difference between a stressed tree and a diseased one.those bag worms are nasty.

I think there's a difference between a stressed tree and a diseased one.those bag worms are nasty.

Ah. Thanks. Hopefully it comes out of it, but I imagine this heat wave isn't helping. Going out to water it now.

I had those pesky bag worms on my upright Arbovitae that I use to screen out my neighbors house. Put some BT (Bacillus thuringiensis (Kurstaki flavor)) in my sprayer and sprayed the foliage, which they then ate, which made them have an upset tummy and they soon stopped moving around (ie. kicked the old bag worm bucket). It's totally safe but does have a funky odor to it, but works great. You do need to put it on early enough during the growing season while they are still actively feeding for it to work, and sometimes you need to apply it another time if you have a rain soon after applying it the first time.

Back