chile juice results

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittspur

Reaction score
I'd like to hear the results of those who made wine from juice from Chile this spring. I have a syrah aging and had a taste of it last night. I know it is early and has a decent taste already, but I am a bit concerned about the body. It seems very thin. I did add raisins in the primary. Is there something I can do now to try to add body? Will this improve with age? It's not as though I'm disappointed, just looking to improve it.

I did Chilean juice in the spring. I did a cab franc, chianti, sav blanc and pinot grigio. I wouldn't say that any of them really lacked body, although I wouldn't say that they were heavy on body either. They were about that which you purchase in a State Store.

I have tried all of them, some more than others and have them aging in the basement now.

The california juices I recently bought seem lighter on body than the chilean.

The california juices I recently bought seem lighter on body than the chilean.

Doug, Welcome home. What was the brand of wine you got from Consumer's? I know it wasn't Regina. We'll have to exchange bottles to compare.

No it wasn't regina. It was Home Wine brand. Never heard of it before. I believe last year they had regina. I think next year for california, I'll get it from premier.

Juices always tend to be thin to me which is why I dont really care to use the juice products. The grapes on the other hand come out great and then Chilean grapes are way cleaner and nicer looking then then the Cali grapes!

I make alot of Chilean juices. ALL my reds get 2#'s of raisins. ALL my reds go thru MLF. ALL my reds are bulk aged in a carboy for 1 year. All have come out much better this way. Of yea, sometimes I add some banana soup.
You can also call George and get some of his Wine SKINS

Juice

I don't know about your juice but we have been distributing our Chilean juice since August and already have had great response from our customers. Most have bottled right after about 6 weeks and loved it. We carry/sell Vinemount juice, better than Regina. Good luck with your future wine making!

Cheers!

Bob Stanek
V.P. Juice Sales
Let's Do Wine
716-628-3210 (cell)

Bob,
That way to early to bottle even for a kit. Let it bulk age and or add raisins and banana soup you will be impressed by the results. I have been using Chilean juices 5+ years. I also get CA and Italian for just as long. I have come up with the above by trial and error as well thru my wine club that I run.

I make alot of Chilean juices. ALL my reds get 2#'s of raisins. ALL my reds go thru MLF. ALL my reds are bulk aged in a carboy for 1 year. All have come out much better this way. Of yea, sometimes I add some banana soup.
You can also call George and get some of his Wine SKINS

Tom, how long do you leave the raisins in?

when gravity is 1.020.
Most of the sugars are gone by then. You can leave in till you rack as well.

Remember to add the raisins to a straining bag so its easy to remove

Back