Bottle suppliers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Daylo

Reaction score
We are getting to the point where my free bottle supplier isn't able to keep up/we might be losing the supplier. I am to the point where I like all my bottles to be the same shape and color so I am in the market. Does anyone buy bottles? I would probably be buying them 250 at a time or so.

We are getting to the point where my free bottle supplier isn't able to keep up/we might be losing the supplier. I am to the point where I like all my bottles to be the same shape and color so I am in the market. Does anyone buy bottles? I would probably be buying them 250 at a time or so.

I buy all of my bottles, and only reuse ones that I've bought, I also like to bottle my wine batches in all of the same size and shape bottles. You can find good deals on bottles on line, a buck each or less, but shipping usually ruins the deal unless you have something else shipping anyway. I end up buying mine in 10 or 15 case orders from my LHBS.

You won't find them cheaply, once you add shipping. But check MoreWine and Shore Container. Play around with different amounts - it may cost the same to ship one case of bottles as it does for 3. As you 'size up', there should be similar scenarios.

Try visiting a local winery. Our LHBS sells used bottles (the winery uses them for tastings and can't reuse them) from a local winery (Nissley's). They are usually in really good shape and cost $4.99 per case of 12 - 750's, but I'm sure if we took a trek to the winery, we could get them in bulk much cheaper (we're just too lazy).

Where are you located? You could order from a manufacturer/distributor. some sell by the pallet (about 1,000 bottles).

Thanks for the tips all. I will look at local winery's if they sell used bottles.

Rich I am in Milwaukee which I assume you are as well.

http://bottles-and-jars.wbbottle.co...71?&plpver=10&origin=keyword&by=prod&filter=0

In Port Washington, you can get used bottles from:
http://www.vinestocellar.com/

The problem is removing the labels. Last I checked, they are "free" for a donation (I forgot the charity).

In Brookfield, this place may have some:
https://www.water2wine.us/milwaukee/home

I never tried this: Ask the Wisconsin Center District, or a hotel, for their used bottles (they throw them away). You tend to get a lot of the same bottle because they only offer a couple of wines at any particular event. You may also get a lot of screw type.

20 cases for that pricing isn't bad at all. I found similar pricing but it was on a pallet ~96 cases

I know this may sound weird, but I have bottled in used beer bottles before. Went to a local bar and got all I could ever use out of the trash for free, they were glad to not have to pay for hauling them off, then bought new caps online ($4.99 for 100) and they worked great. smaller bottles but can't beat the price, and with it usually just being my wife and I drinking the wine the smaller bottles worked out nicely.

I can't find Bocksbeutel bottles

I am just getting started and I know it would be simpler starting out with a more common wine bottle but I really like the style of the Bocksbeutel wine bottles that are typically used for German wines. I would really like to purchase a good amount of them but I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any place to buy them! Does anyone have an idea as to where I might be able to find them?

Latest posts

Back