What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy and use Grain alcohol (Everclear) in Maryland, you better stock up now.
They are going to ban it!:wy B.B. is watching!!!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/maryland-senate-backs-ban-on-sale-of-grain-alcohol-to-curb-binge-drinking/2014/02/05/717f72aa-8e88-11e3-b46a-5a3d0d2130da_story.html

I had to fly all the way to Alberta to get everclear. Only province on Canada that sells it.

Made it home safe and sound despite all the snow. It had to be the slowest drive home from town I have ever made. Might have hit the speed limit once lol.

And in other news it would seem like my skittles are still stuck at 1.016. Might have to trek back into town tomorrow to pick up some fresh yeast and yeast energizer.

WoooHooooo! Won 2 tickets to the Kings of Leon concert in Louisville this Sunday! I'm dancing around the house today!

I had to fly all the way to Alberta to get everclear. Only province on Canada that sells it.

Made it home safe and sound despite all the snow. It had to be the slowest drive home from town I have ever made. Might have hit the speed limit once lol.

And in other news it would seem like my skittles are still stuck at 1.016. Might have to trek back into town tomorrow to pick up some fresh yeast and yeast energizer.

Where are you located? Is Quebec closer to you? They don't have everclear bit they do have alcool....

Got any Fermaid on hand? BM45 can get hungry. Foamy too.

Yup. I energized while rehydrating and have nutrients on standby. I did not know that about the foaming, however, so thanks for the warning. I'll probably go to my LHBS this weekend to gear up for trying Dragon Blood (i.e., get pectic enzyme and fining agents), so I'll grab some anti-foaming stuff while I am there.

...so I'll grab some anti-foaming stuff while I am there.

It's not bad enough that I would add anything to it. If you're using a 7.9g bucket, you should have plenty of room. When I've used it, the foam will get to within an inch or so of the top. That's about as bad as it gets, and only for the first couple days.

Good news everybody, my skittles brew started up again last night. It the oddest thing, my last batch before this one actually stopped at about the same sg too. It must be the time of year or something I'm doing. Of well, it's heading for dry now so no need to worry. I've got bigger fish to tend to lol

Had a mega-day! Picked up my concert tickets, went to a new LHBS (was dissapointed and went back to my regular one), the annoying sister-in-law came over to pick up her daughter's laptop and snicker me out of more wine, cooked and cleaned up after supper, and racked both my quiet attempt at a Welch's that will not be in the competition (because I'm embarrassed and got a late start) and my coffee wines into secondaries.

It's 3:30 in the am, and will be headed to bed soon. Tomorrow, I'm gonna get ready to go to the concert, do all my daily stuffs, and hopefully bottle my quad-berry DB since my 11 yr old is here and he likes to cork.

Busines dinner with winemakers from Luva Bella tonight and then they are going to join us for our Chilean wine making class tomorrow.

wish I could be there, maybe next time. still have not made that trip back to visit in Wexford.

On another note, we are going to the beach today, to continue the house hunt. snow predicted!

A few rackings: Carmenere out of the barrel, rack and stabilize the Yakima Syrah, and bottle my bourbon dubbel. If time allows, I'm going to make some spent grain banana bread and start my Torrontes.

Last edited:
I'm hosting our AWS Chapter wine tasting tonight at my home. We have a lineup of fizzy wine to taste.

15151_740012652684478_405742666_n.jpg

Racked my Strawberry Lychee, want something different. Try this blend, comes in a kit, I really enjoy this one.

Back