What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great bargain today,went to home depot to buy those paint strainer bags ,12 in a pack for 2199,they had them marked down to 5.00!! they had 5 packs so bought them all,60 new bags,might throw out the old ones!!:D

Harvested more cukes, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and peppers from the garden... designed and built a "wedge" to raise the head of my mom's bed so she can breathe easier at night... laundry, dishes, made homemade biscuits and gravy... racked my beet wine... mowed the lawn... basically a chill day, it's a day off so mostly just relaxing and not stressing about work :)

Hi all! It's been a busy summer making wine, camping, and doing all of my other things I do. I need to bottle soon so stand by for pics.

Getting ready to go workout and lift some heavy objects. Then take in my postworkout meal.
Later on tonight, open up some Dragon Blood.
Going on a little winery tour tomorrow of 3 wineries.

made pickles and pies today,going to pick more blueberries tomorrow!!more blueberry wine!!

Picked up two buckets from Luva Bella's today. They were bubbling away when they pulled them from the cooler, sg was 1.090 and 1.092. We decided to have lunch at Fat Jimmy's, been wanting to do that for awhile now. Ran into Floandgary picking up their juice buckets as well so we all went to lunch together. Nice day, Fat Jimmy's is awesome!!!! Great food.

I went to Erie, PA to view the tall ships, very disappointed! I should have spent the day finding wineries that I have not visited yet. Then this evening went to a friends house, had an awesome steak dinner perfectly paired with a 2011 California Shiraz and finished with a 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon. Both wines were made from Luva Bella Juice buckets and both wines were excellent! I am grateful to have Luva Bella as a source for juices. My winemaking has certainly improved since finding them.

Phil why were you disappointed in the tall ships? The most exciting part is when they all parade into the bay if full sail which was last night. I heard they are scattered around and not all in one place. It was unfortunate that the Bounty is no longer involved after sinking last year during Hurricane Sandy. I saw it a few years ago and that was a really cool ship.

Phil why were you disappointed in the tall ships? The most exciting part is when they all parade into the bay if full sail which was last night. I heard they are scattered around and not all in one place. It was unfortunate that the Bounty is no longer involved after sinking last year during Hurricane Sandy. I saw it a few years ago and that was a really cool ship.

We were only able to see half of them and with barricades and security checkpoints etc. it was not worth the hassle! Erie PA does not know how to do a festival, I am not going to spend $8.00 per person to be able to buy a corndog or a funnel cake and see one tall ship. Totally Lame!

Big Sale at Sicilliano's: Picked up Sangiovese and WE Eclipse cab sav kits, carboys, bottles, brewbelt, chemicals. Saved $65 off of a $425 purchase! And... they let me have the prices a day early. Life is good.

BC

started 6 gls of blueberry wine today.used 60 lbs of berries.usually use ec-1118 but am going to try 71b-1122.

Went to our local winery to help with the harvest along with 40-50 others, it was a blast, and a beautiful day, we drank some great wines, had a real nice BBQ lunch provided by BenMarl winery, followed by a Hudson Valley Wine and Homebrew club meeting, we had a great turn out, everyone brought their wine and more food (love that part...LOL) really nice topics that sparked a lot of conversation and presentations.

The icing on the cake was when BenMarl's GM let us know that they had contacted Frank Musto of M&M and set up a deal to have the clubs bulk order shipped to the winery instead of traveling to CT, he also let me know that he will let us use the huge crusher destemmer for all of our grapes!

This has now changed my game plan, instead of making all Juice pails and adding fresh grapes, I'll be making wine from fresh grapes also!
My hat goes out to the folks at Benmarl Winery, they let us use their facility, help us any way that they can, and now, they're even helping us to make our wine making experience even better!!!!

A great day!!

Latest posts

Back