Cyser

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
Yesterday I started a Falls bounty Cyser. I pitched the yeast this morning.

20101005_105112_DSCN4602_Small.JPG
20101005_105133_DSCN4603_Small.JPG

BOB

How long will it take for this lovely batch to be drinkable?

DancerMan said:
How long will it take for this lovely batch to be drinkable?

I've made this several times and it's drinkable at a year much better at 2 and if you can be patient it starts getting really good at 3. And I have to use the store bought cider, can only imagine how good this will be using the fresh stuff! Here is the link to my thread http://forum.finevinewines.com//forum_posts.asp?TID=8265

Bob, that looks and smells good from here!!!!

Richard, It will probably be good at 1 year, but even better at 2 years.

BOB

Vcasey, I was hoping you would chime in. I made this with pure juice no water added and it smells fantastic!!!!

BOB

fivebk said:
Vcasey, I was hoping you would chime in. I made this with pure juice no water added and it smells fantastic!!!!

BOB

I make mine with 100% apple juice from who ever has it on sale if hubby is with me and 100% organic if he's not and I can get the batch started and the containers stored (they are after all 1 gallon glass jugs).

Did you use Ken's recipe?

BTW, all those apples has me ready to make some apple butter.

Do you have a steam juicer, fivebk?

I steam juice apples all fall, then make wine when I have enough juice.

My cyser I am still waiting for is all juice. I spiced half, and left half plain.

Yes, I have a steam juicer but the juice I used to start this and my apple wine came from just chopping and pressing fresh apples and starting the batches right away.

I sampled this when I racked it ( about 6 weeks ago ) with the straight juice and other flavors it's gonna be GOOD !!!!!!!!

BOB

Well, that obviously works too! Are you the one that made the press yourself? Or were you the one that got it as a birthday or anniversary gift?

I have access to so many apples, I wish I had a press. Steam juicer will have to do.

Regretfully neither, I bought mine, well it was a birthday present, either way I paid for it
smiley36.gif

BOB

Latest posts

Back