Storing Carbonated Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mschooley53

Reaction score
I'm making a batch of Apfelwein and I'd like to carb them and then bottle them in beer bottles. I know it takes about 2 weeks for the carbonation to take place, but is there a limit on how long I can leave them bottles unopened?

I assume it's probably a dumb question but can I age the wine in the carbonated bottles for many months?

I'm making a batch of Apfelwein and I'd like to carb them and then bottle them in beer bottles. I know it takes about 2 weeks for the carbonation to take place, but is there a limit on how long I can leave them bottles unopened?

I assume it's probably a dumb question but can I age the wine in the carbonated bottles for many months?

If your wine is balanced (PH), then there is not reason that you could not age it (carbonated) for several years. In fact, the longer you let it age, the smaller and more long lasting the bubbles. I know that many champagne houses will age for 18 months or more before bringing the product to market.

Latest posts

Back