Ph meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MW102! Lotsa' reasons to like it :)

It's like a cross between the pen style and a bench style. One of my favorite things about it is the ability to lower the probe through the opening in the top of a carboy. Test, rinse, test, rinse, etc. You can literally test a row of carboys in just a few minutes without drawing a single sample :)

Thanks a lot for the reply. I really appreciate it. Still kind of new and still learning a ton of stuff.

I use the same one. You can goggle it and look for best prices. I bought mine from Cynmar.com
Most important thing is to determine which one you want then research yourself on where to buy it as prices change so much. Just be sure to pick a reliable business.

Then go to camelcamelcamel.com to track amazon prices. I got it for about $90 with free shipping.

Picture looks like a 101, but the description is a 102. I would call them before ordering. If it's a 102 it's a good price.

The main feature I noticed between the $35 and $135 ph meters is (automatic temp calibration)

If that's the case (and working from that assumption) my research, ie google, yielded that difference in temp only accounts for .003 ph difference and if calibrated in the solutions at near the same temp as our wine that variance would be nil.

I am also looking in to my first ph meter I don't mind spending the money but generally like knowing what $100 gets me.

Any help or steering in the right direction would be awesome.

Back