Enhancing fruit flavor, will this work?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlTropical

Reaction score
My lychee wine may need more flavor since it is such a delicate flavor to begin with. Is it acceptable to add raw lychee juice back in while it is in 1st or 2nd fermentation? What are the potential drawbacks? i understand dilution, I was only planning on adding perhaps 1/3 gallon or less.

My lychee wine may need more flavor since it is such a delicate flavor to begin with. Is it acceptable to add raw lychee juice back in while it is in 1st or 2nd fermentation? What are the potential drawbacks? i understand dilution, I was only planning on adding perhaps 1/3 gallon or less.

Basically you are talking about adding an fpac. To do this, wait until wine has finished fermenting, stabilize with kmeta and sorbate. Take your additional raw lychee juice and simmer to 1/2 of the quantity then add to your wine. Backsweeten to taste then allow to clear.

There is a sticky on how to make an fpac. It's very helpful and I do this with alot of my fruit wines.

Fantastic,thanks, exactly what I needed. Now, does doing this make the wine any less storable? Meaning, will it go bad sooner or oxidize quicker?

Fantastic,thanks, exactly what I needed. Now, does doing this make the wine any less storable? Meaning, will it go bad sooner or oxidize quicker?

I just finished my own batch of Lychee Pee using the Skeeter pee recipie with some tropical juices including a significant portion or Lychee. I tried makin an FPac of Lychee but simmering it completely changed the color and taste of the Lychee. I ended up added the raw juice back in. Next time I do it I will bump my abv to start knowing I am going to add raw juice back in.

Back