Hey from Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobthousand

Junior
Reaction score
Noob here and I have questions about Alcotec 48. Just made my first batch and the buzz is like drinking GASOLINE Hoping to find ways to correct/improve this if possible and would appreciate it if someone could guide me to the proper part of this forum. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. Now what in the world is Alcotec48?? If it is some kind of wine, we could use a bit more info. Some kind of recipe, your specific gravities you started and ended with, anything else you can think of to help us help you out. Arne.

Alcotec48 is a turbo yeast, 14% in 48 hours, 20% alc in 5 days.

Thats probly the culprate right there haha

Alcotec 48 is a turbo yeast. I'm brand new at the game and followed the instructions of this tutorial - [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcYmgqLAjec&t=1s[/ame] - and it worked but as I say the buzz is harsh. I'm thinking that as I didn't clear the batch (scooped it out of fermenter with jug) might have something to do it. No idea what gravities is/entails.

I'm getting an idea that it's so fast is at least part of the problem :(

Not letting it clear is probly the other part of the problem haha, id read up on some forums on making some good wine, or fruit wine here, and then use that knowledge to use your turbo yeast, to start out your gonna need a hydrometer. Where in canada u from?

Hahaha i just watched the video, let me assure you what he made is not “wine” lol regardless of him calling it wine, thats hooch at its worst, nearly the only thing i seen him do right is santize the bucket, thats hilarious.

Do yourself a huge favor, search danger daves dragon blood on thos website and try that recipe, follow all the instructions, and if u want to kick up the alchohal percentage just use your hydrometer to measure out the correct amount of sugar required for your yeast

Not letting it clear is probly the other part of the problem haha, id read up on some forums on making some good wine, or fruit wine here, and then use that knowledge to use your turbo yeast, to start out your gonna need a hydrometer. Where in canada u from?

Muskoka, ON. Birthplace of the cottage and the tourist. I think a hydrometer measures ABV? If so, I'm not that ambitious at this point. Just want to make cheap alcohol that doesn't feel like bleach.

Latest posts

Back