Small single serving bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmmii

Reaction score
See them in grocery stores in 4 packs, any idea where I can buy just the bottles? Would be great for small thank yous and not deplete my stash so fast.

Google small bottles. lots of manufacturers out there. also wine bottles at 187ml might be available.

Due some dumpster diving in your recycle location might find some for free.

I would consider 375 ml bottles, available for about $1 apiece. I have seen 187 ml but they cost about $2 each. You may be better off giving away a little more wine and pay less for the bottle.

I just buy some of them, drink the Wine and then you have empties. I can buy full ones 10 for $10
Then again I consider a 750 ml single serving.

I don't want to mess with cleaning and removing labels. Ever again.

Midwest supply has 16 oz, screw top bottles 6 for 2.93. And 187 Ml. for 24.99 for a case of 24.

I don't want to mess with cleaning and removing labels. Ever again.

The labels on the Sutter Home, etc. 187's come right off in hot/oxyclean water, unlike alot of the bigger bottles.
And again, you are getting wine along with the bottles for $1 bottle. Albeit low grade wine.

This one works for me! :)

giant_wine_glass.jpg

I just buy some of them, drink the Wine and then you have empties. I can buy full ones 10 for $10
Then again I consider a 750 ml single serving.

single serve

Beer bottles with oxygen barrier crowns. With the foil covers it looks pretty cool. Did this for my daughter's wedding since the venue wouldn't allow outside liquor brought in. Since then I have saved a case of Beck's green bottles and it's stylin.

Beer bottles with oxygen barrier crowns. With the foil covers it looks pretty cool. Did this for my daughter's wedding since the venue wouldn't allow outside liquor brought in. Since then I have saved a case of Beck's green bottles and it's stylin.

Doing the same thing with clear glass Corona beer bottles. Fill the bottles with water, stand up in a bucket of muratic swimming pool acid, soak overnight, and wipe off the lettering and you have a nice clear single serve bottle for your Dragon Blood or Island Mist wines. I just wanted to be able to see the pretty colors!

I do love little 175ml bottles, get for sampling, and I use them with my high end kits.

Doing the same thing with clear glass Corona beer bottles. Fill the bottles with water, stand up in a bucket of muratic swimming pool acid, soak overnight, and wipe off the lettering and you have a nice clear single serve bottle for your Dragon Blood or Island Mist wines. I just wanted to be able to see the pretty colors!

I do love little 175ml bottles, get for sampling, and I use them with my high end kits.

I do not know how nasty the pool acid is, but white vinigar (sp?) with a short soak will take the printing off the bottles. Arne.

I do not know how nasty the pool acid is, but white vinigar (sp?) with a short soak will take the printing off the bottles. Arne.

I tried vinegar and it worked....short soak also took a long scrub. Pool acid, you simply wipe off the lettering with a rag. I do let they sit overnight of several day simply because it is about 110 degrees out in the shop this summer! I clean 5-6 and set up 5-6 more to soak. I'd rather be soaking in the pool than sweating in the shop these days!

Latest posts

Back