Cellar Craft Passport LR Cabernet Sauvignon Rose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Kicked this one off a little bit ago. Very nice smelling must. I tossed the EC-1118 and used GRE instead.

Jim,

I've never used GRE but reading the description roused my interest in this strain. In the case of the Rose you're making, is it the fruitiness that you're hoping to bring out or some other factor?

It was more mouthfeel, but the fruit was a factor. Interestingly, I've been recently moving toward Rose with more mineral and acid of late - so it'll be interesting to see what I think of this when its done. Currently, it is a fairly fruity must, but the sugar is obviously playing a part there. I'm not afraid to add some tartaric acid later if I feel the need.

Hold onto your hat, GRE is an extremely fast fermenter. That's why my Cab Franc batch last Fall is so light in color, was only on the skins for four days!

Good thing this is a kit. And I thought it was pretty dark at the start. ;)

Down to 1.000 yesterday, but still a fair amount of bubbling and foam. Decided to hold off until today to rack to secondary.

Latest posts

Back