Congratulations Pennsylvania!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so happy I just streaked across the back yard. ... Actually said I'd do it and my wife laughed so hard she almost wet her pants.

I am happy I now live in a somewhat normal state (not of mind, of geography).

Yoo hoo!

We're a long way from normal. Here's a pic from today's bill signing. ImageUploadedByWine Making1465436898.546123.jpg

I had to chuckle at the pic. My first thought (and this is certainly not unique to PA) was: "all those people, being paid by the public to stand around and watch a man write his name on a piece of paper...". :)

OK, how long before I can order a case of Niagara wine form one of the wineries near Northeast, PA and have it shipped to North Carolina?

The sweet wine drinkers around here are used to muscidine and when they get a taste of PA's finest Niagara there will be no going back!

Thank you Governor Wolf. This is one step closer to getting PA out of the dark ages. Now... what can you do about our crazy high gasoline taxes?

Great news. I had a party when Costco won and WA got rid of the state stores. As pointed out, the world didn't come to an end, we still have our local liquor store, and the " Liquor Control Board" is now busy regulating the pot business! Grapes won.

I'm not sure I could walk out with only four bottles at a time. What do you put in the rest of the case box? Heck, Safeway even gives a 10% discount for 6 bottles

Such great progress!! I was shocked at PA's liquor laws when I moved here from MI, so this is very exciting news. Cheers, everyone!

Done!

PA is now the 44th state to allow winery-to-consumer shipping. Gov. Wolf signed HB 1690 today, bringing expanded consumer choice in wine to PA!

The bill is effective in 60 days but gives the state and wineries some time to issue and receive required DTC licenses.

Thanks to all of you who wrote letters and supported the cause! It worked!

Free the Grapes!

So I used to be able to ship for free, now it costs me a $300 license fee to do. The state is a money making machine that needs to exit the alcohol market.

Sounds like the state is gonna try and keep getting their "cut" one way or another...... Go figure!

Guess it all depends on how much you expect to ship out of state as to whether or not it is worth the $300 license fee.

Back