Wine room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reads like it largely depends if you have a cellar of your own country wines for fun and enjoyment and a cellar as a nice touch. Or you also have a large amount of expensive grape wine and purchased wine and view it as an investment as well as a hobby.
Right now I am more of the former but I have plans to become more of the latter.

Brodge5, my wine room is holding 68*. The carboys are now 72.3*, they were 76.5 , so the room temp dropped 9 deg in 3 days & the carboys 3 deg. Slow is good, they will get there. I'm fermenting a 6 gal Barollo in the room & it's holding 75* was 82* when in kitchen, too warm, kitchen is 77*. AC unit doesn't run much, when we bottle next week I'll keep track of run times.
Sedlli, that wine "room" chiller you showed is for 300 cubic feet, my wine room is over 1,300 cubic feet. We looked at partitioning off a area in the room for wine store age only & using a wine chiller like you showed. But we had three problems, first to store 600-800bottles & 10-15 carboys the area would have to be so large that it shrink the room way too much. The wine chillers exhaust the warm air into the room that the chiller opens into, larger ones, split units exhaust to outside, but were way out of our budget. And the "chilled room" has to be well insulated, some calling for R-20, doing that we could not display our wine as they age. Only downside I see is my wife will need a sweater when we bottle! Roy

Yes... If you want a 10X15 room it will cost some money to chill it... Mine is only 15X4.. But I was able to get racks in there for up to 600 bottles. I currently have 8 carboys in it and three barrels. Even with the racks! I keep it at 58 degrees year round. I am outgrowing it fast though...

Latest posts

Back